No announcement yet.

EFI Intake plenum volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill I am still tuning around mine, my AFR has never worked, I just listen and pull plugs but I have found it helps to work on the timing as a patch.
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
      No doubt the high stall converter masks a lot of what would otherwise be annoying stuff at low rpm load with the stick.
      I sometimes wonder how many minor annoyances I work on or ignore would go away with a torque converter. Though on my extremely mild combination I don't have any major hiccups in the power band like that, that I'm aware of anyways.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Without the lid it's just an IR intake without butterflies - no big deal really.

With EFI you probably do not even need a throttle body on a WOT deal. You can simply use TPS position to regulate "idle" settings in conjunction with with the rev limiters. It's just sit there and fart away at 1200RPM until it ran out of gas. Maybe give it a 1/2 throttle 4000RPM hold point to get it loaded before a pull. I threatened to do that one year at EMC and I think somebody overheard me and mandated 1, 2, or 4 barrels...

Comment

You converter guys.....
          If I can't pick a converter out of a catalog then I'm in way over my head.
          With a clutch I'd just crank the stall springs a flatt and let you have at it again. Give me 5 minutes.
          Originally posted by TC
          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Yeah but you lack Tq mutiplication,,,,,,, not that you need it like my weenie motor
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
            X