Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple (fuel)temp sensors possible with MegaSquirt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple (fuel)temp sensors possible with MegaSquirt?

The propane fuelparts I have bought all have a tempsensor built in.
    Can a MegaSquirt deal with (multiple) fueltemp sensors to correct delivery?
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

An MS3 can, I'm not sure about what would be needed for earlier versions.
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Thanks. I'll dive into that a little deeper.
      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I've never seen where a temp sensor other than intake air and coolant would be factored into the fueling calculations. Another sensor can be inputted in and datalogged, but I don't know about it having an effect on fueling.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Well, propane has the side effect that it's linepressure increases as it's temp rises.
          Both the vaporiser and both fuel injectorrails I bought have tempsensors built in.

For me it's still unclear how these tempvalues can be interpertated by MS so it can properly alter the A/F ratio. But that's my learning curve I guess.
          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I wonder if the flex fuel calculations can be used/modified. Basically take what would be the flex fuel sensor and replace it with the temp sensor and then see if the correction factors can be changed in the MegaSquirt software to use that information. I think that is an MS3 only feature That's probably a question for the MSEFI.com forums.

Comment

I'm a couple of days away of buying a MS2 which is for sale locally fairly cheap, but now I really start to wonder if I just should get the MS3 rightaway...

I dived into the MS manuals yesterday but without anything working in front of me it's pretty much all just text.
              www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

The MS2 may have a modification/code available to run flex fuel. I just don't know. When I get home I can fire up the laptop with the TunerStudio and poke around the MS2/extra software to see if the flex fuel options are there.

Comment

I posted the question on the slow-moving msefi.com forum aswell, but it will probably take a while before anything comes out of that I'm afraid.
                  Why do they have those ridiculous posting restrictions there? It makes the forum 'progress' as slow as pushing a thick dark substance through a small orifice...
                  www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Maybe try the msextra forums, and plan on running msextra firmware. Better support there, IMO. Kind of a political rift between the two which sucks, but it is what it is.

I am sure what you ask for would easily be added to Extra on MS2 or MS3. If not, Bowling and Grippo have firmware for the Microsquirt (which is the same as MSII) that handles multiple temp sensor inputs and scales the fuel quantity.
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Well the question got answered by Matt (Thanks), but I noticed shortly after my topic has been moved to their 3-day trashcan-forum.
                      I guess this Dutch-noob asks too technical questions already for the msefi.com forum. :o)

Anyway, I did some more thinking about these temp-sensors, and was wondering if I wouldn't be better off by just installing a pressure-sensor, somewhere right before the injector-rails?

Knowing the fuel-temps at various places in the fuelsystem is nice, but in the end it's the propane's fuel-pressure the MS needs to compensate for. So I would recon a pressure sensor would give more usable information to the MS-box than fueltemp-sensors can.
                      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Working...
                      X