FAST EZ-EFI base kit - questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAST EZ-EFI base kit - questions

I was doing some reading on the FAST site bout the base kit, which got me even more interested in it, a steep initial investment of 1,800 but I feel it would pay for itself on down the road

Has anyone used this kit ? is there something better? cheaper ?

what say you on it
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Charles,
    If you are looking for a good starting, altitude compensating, batch mode TBI system that doesnt need a laptop to tune, the EZ system is pretty inclusive. The EZ kits can be problematic if you dont follow the instructions to the letter. Most of the kits Ive installed were trouble free as far as the EZ kit itself was concerned. Things that Ive encountered that gave cause to ponder were typically associated with the ignition system, which isnt controlled by the EZ system but gives the EZ its tach signal, a critical input to the ECU. I reccomend using an MSD 6a for trouble free operation with the EZ. If you install it on a cobby set-up, it will be cobby. Your timing needs to be spot on for spot on performance (as always) and bad carb/s can mask all kinds of other issues (Ive seen bent pushrods the owner had no idea about during an install). I set up the EZ as a multiport system, so I can not speak of their throttle body injection unit. If youve got less than 8" of vacuum at idle running closed loop 100% can cause problems (EZ runs closed loop 100%). EZ isnt set up for pressure or nitrous. It works great on stock to moderate build motors in MPI form. It has tuneability that MUST be used to set your motor up properly, so its not a one size fits all (thankfully) system. It has the potential to give you better mileage/efficiency but it depends a lot on what you are putting it on. Whats it going on?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BKBridges; May 29, 2012, 01:56 PM. Reason: lost preposition
    www.FBthrottlebodies.com
    Bruce K Bridges

Comment

There is always something cheaper, and there is always something better...but there may not be something that is both.
      www.FBthrottlebodies.com
      Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Working...
      X