No announcement yet.

EFI warm up tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS doesn't use IAT for fuel calcs Even so, I do have my IAT pull a few degrees of timing if the intake temps get to high to ward off pinging, such as when driving in Vegas during the summer.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
      MS doesn't use IAT for fuel calcs Even so, I do have my IAT pull a few degrees of timing if the intake temps get to high to ward off pinging, such as when driving in Vegas during the summer.

No, MS does use IAT for the idela gas law (look at the gAir field in your logs). It doesn't allow warmup enrichments based on IATs like the BS3 does, however. I don't think I explained that carefully, sorry.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Okay that makes sense and explains why some people are asking for it to be a factor for hot starts/heat soak on the msefi forum. On that forum it sounded like a hit or miss problem mostly determined by IAT sensor placement.

Comment

DG,
          I think you cleared a few things up for me BS3 wise! Ive been balancing the transients like a one armed juggler, it made sense but I could never get myself to 0 out the dMAP stuff...The Map vs coolant temp for warm-up is fun to play with too, but its here and gone so quickly Im never sure its right (until it cools down again and goes through the same warmup...)
          No knock sensor on BS3, I like the timing removal concept using the IAT, but I dont think BS3 is capable. That would have saved me an embarrasing moment at LV when one of my fans failed in the staging lane. Sounded like a ball peen hammer contest 1/2 way down the track...should have looked at the gages before launching.
          BKB
          www.FBthrottlebodies.com
          Bruce K Bridges

Comment

They put the IAT timing pull feature in I think for boosted applications so that as intake air temp goes up you can pull timing. It's normally zero'd out but I threw a few degrees at it even though it's N/A. I would be surprised if BS3 couldn't do that for boosted applications.

Comment

Working...
            X