X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BKBridges
    replied
    Bill,
    Thanks for the reply! Cardiff and Corona del Mar are pretty similar weather wise. Im running 24# injectors in a 318cuin motor, but our numbers/techniques are pretty close re: warm up enrichment, cool! Ive got BS3 running the 318 so the software is a bit different re: cranking, but the 318 seems to be pw sensitive over 100deg ambient (AIT sensor is in the manifold?) My 440 doesnt seem to have the finicky warm up issues the 318 has, but Ive fiddled them both into "making it down the road cold" over time. The 440 has seen a wider range of ambient temps with me at the Laptop, so maybe thats the reason. Need a big "drive in" refrigerator to get things done right it seems.
    BKB

Leave a comment:

• Barry Donovan
    replied
    alot of it is by nature, may not have to be as dynamical as you may have a desire to adjust.

if cold is a problem, and engine runs nice..
    try a hotter ignition..

density is freakish for fuel. maine way below zero can crack skin, the summer is an expander. In july adding 3 gallons ends up as 5 on the gauge. A full return that keeps busy is a big helper as well .no battles making fuel change, shred it through a constant seeping round trip journey.

that is only mistakes I see on the one line hookups..they don't care at all for simple things needed in extremes.

injectors are like jets lectrified. they should get over these anomolies very very easy. odors at all is ignition if even attempted to be setup somewhat normal for stoich.

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    I have the same issue you living up the road in CDM. Our settings on mine for the EMS-Pro ramp from zero add at 156 CLt slowly rising to 120% at 20* in the after start warm enrichment warm up table. Cranking pulse widths are flat at 2.2 from 100* on up with 2.5@80, 2.8@60, 3.2@40 and 3.5@20. These are 1000/cc or 96lb injectors on a 588"

I think the coldest ambient I have ever started it in is 40 the hottest 115. I just haven't had to fiddle with it much and we aren't using a bunch of the baro correction and other tools that are there.

Leave a comment:

• BKBridges
    replied
    Silence...
    talking to myself: The Map table gets addtl fuel (12% in the barracudas case) at idle at 50 deg F coolant temp and then it gets pulled out from there... It still runs a bit lean during warm up which I live with to reduce the smell...I still am guessing on the air inlet table compensations though. (less fuel cold, more fuel hot) But If I need to tune and run, Im never sure if this will work. Not looking for any "secrets" just some advice...
    BKB

Leave a comment:

• BKBridges
    started a topic EFI warm up tuning

EFI warm up tuning

Does anyone have a nice method for setting up Map vs. coolant and Map vs air temp modifier tables on a new tune to facilitate warm-up without waiting for the actual environmental conditions to occur? Given that you know the operating A/Fs at fully warmed up conditions of course...SanDiego is a great place to drive year round, but a lousy place to tune for freezing temps. Even A/F targets for chilly weather and a cold motor would help. My Barracuda needed tweaking on a cold LasVegas morning, and it wasnt even that cold (but colder the San Diego by a lot).
    BKB
Working...
X