No announcement yet.

I6 Landcruiser intake mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not just change the pinout of the TPS sensor so it responds with correct open/close voltage without having to reverse the TB direction?

Otherwise that setup looks pretty awesome to me.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

DG,
      The "users" are running the stock ECU and the Toyota TPS is a 4 wire with a idle "on" switch... couldnt find a toyota 4 wire TPS that rotated in the other direction (mechanical issue)..I think I found a Mitsu unit that would work, but I ran out of time. I also needed the 6 wire single pole Toyota IAC unit but at 400.00 a pop I demured and gave them a 4 wire unit and my best wishes. They squeezed me both on time frame and cost...Im supposed to make more of these for these guys so hopefully I can upgrade the prototype as we go along.
      BKB
      www.FBthrottlebodies.com
      Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Originally posted by BKBridges View Post
        DG,
        The "users" are running the stock ECU and the Toyota TPS is a 4 wire with a idle "on" switch... couldnt find a toyota 4 wire TPS that rotated in the other direction (mechanical issue)..I think I found a Mitsu unit that would work, but I ran out of time. I also needed the 6 wire single pole Toyota IAC unit but at 400.00 a pop I demured and gave them a 4 wire unit and my best wishes. They squeezed me both on time frame and cost...Im supposed to make more of these for these guys so hopefully I can upgrade the prototype as we go along.
        BKB
        What I was suggesting was, let the TPS rotate in the wrong direction, you can re-wire it so that it still reads increasing voltage with increasing RPM. But if it was a physical problem, then I understand.

Still, what you consider "quickie work" most of us (me included) consider "masterpiece"
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

DG,
          Why thank you!
          BKB
          www.FBthrottlebodies.com
          Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Pretty unique setup? How long are those runners?
            Nick Smithberg
            www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Bossman,
              They are about 7in long, combined with the factory manifold base of about 9in. The main criteria from the customer was that it had to stick out of the hood...
              BKB
              www.FBthrottlebodies.com
              Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Be interesting to see what the actual tuned length is for the build. Should make alot more torque!
                Nick Smithberg
                www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Working...
                X