No announcement yet.

Will These Work?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I went ahead and ordered a set of the Roush injectors too. Not really worried about the N2O at this point since it's been years since I actually hit the button racing .... heck, the car hasn't even been on the track since DW '11. I can get a lot of insight to efi for the $50 I'm spending on these ...... FREE shipping too!
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

They are OEM takeouts from a Coyote is what I read... means 39# rating so bumping the pressure will cover your HP I think. I really don't see it as way undersized, but some logging will help let you know if that's the case. The numbers I put into the RC calculator were extremely conservative... I've seen 24# injectors work pretty well in 400 hp cars with an adjustable regulator cranked up. I agree with buy the ones you will really want, but they sure aren't 50 bucks either!!!

They shipped mine the same day, I had a tracking number in a couple of hours.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I was running the 4-wire IAC from day one. You can listen to some of the first YouTube video's I posted of start up, and you can hear the IAC whistling away pretty loudly because I mistakenly thought that the throttle plates should be completely closed and all idle air should route through the idle air control valve. Turns out that the valve is just to trim the idle rpm, so I set it to close all the way then set a very low idle. Then bumped the IAC open about 25-30% and turned the idle down again to where I wanted. This part isn't as important to those at sea level, but those of us up at the top of a mountain, if we go to sea level the idle goes up so if the valve is closed at the top of the mountain it can't do anything about the increase in idle off the mountain.

The MSII (and option on MSIII) idle valve control versus engine temperature works very very well. Simply takes the coolant temp and puts the IAC valve at the specified point. Great for good reliable warm up and warmed up idle, but the car will idle up going off the mountain, or possibly stall at idle going up to the top of the mountain (same thing my carburetor's did when I adjusted the idle for them). The MS2/extra and MS3 closed loop idle rpm targeting takes some playing around with and some trial and error but does take care of that issue completely.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

The injectors showed up yesterday .... yup, they're brandy new!

Comment

I got a set too - being close to me, they showed up in 24 hours! Can't beat it for $50 to the door. Still studying some on DIYautotune, thinking it may make the most sense just to go for the MS3 for it's expanability. Probably wouldn't bother with sequential (at least not right away).
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I'm on the fence still between MSII or 3 .... part of me wants to make it work for the least amount of cash outlay and the other part wants the expand ability too.

Comment

Monica informed me this morning "oh, you got a couple of boxes" after I tripped on the huge one (oil pan.)

I think mine showed up last week. Will open later, good to hear they are new looking.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                  I'm on the fence still between MSII or 3 .... part of me wants to make it work for the least amount of cash outlay and the other part wants the expand ability too.
                  You can always expand later (which is what I did), but you are paying for an extra MSII chip that way. Lower initial investment incase you decide you want to walk away from EFI, your cash outlay was less.
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I doubt I'll walk away from it. I've done enough reading/research to feel confident I can make it happen, there may be some hiccups, but with the collective knowledge here, I think those will be minimal.

Goal is inexpensive improved drive-ability and hopefully an improvement in mileage .... I think if both of those improve, performance will fall into place.

Comment

ev6 size comparison

I was wondering if these injectors will fit in a edelbrock or holley/weiand fuel injection manifold. Are the top and bottom orings the same as the older injectors?Wiring connection is different correct.

Comment

Working...
                      X