Fuel pump and IAT install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump and IAT install

OK EFI hooligans. I'm still learning. Appreciate all the feedback so far. My MS2 showed up and I am going to start installing sensors. There is a nice coolant temp bung in the manifold so that one is easy enough. The TPS is being installed on the hat. The wideband O2 sensor and bung is coming in. The IAT is going to be the challenge as I will have to take the manifold off and have a professional shop weld in the bung for me. Next questions, how far does the IAT need to sit inside the manifold? Can it be horizontal? What fuel pump and regulator do you recommend? I will be running E85.

thanks
    ed

I personally believe the IAT should be in the air stream to help prevent heat soak issues, but it shouldn't have to stick into the air stream very much, 1/4"?. Certainly can be horizontal, as it should be mountable at any angle.

Fuel pump and regulator depend on HP goals.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
      I personally believe the IAT should be in the air stream to help prevent heat soak issues, but it shouldn't have to stick into the air stream very much, 1/4"?. Certainly can be horizontal, as it should be mountable at any angle.

Fuel pump and regulator depend on HP goals.
      With you already. Started doing some checking last night on the pump. I am running a 4-71 blower, 600 HP, street/strip is my application. I have a trunk mounted fuel cell so an in-line unit is probably the easiest. What brand is good?

Comment

I think there was another thread on IAT placement and I fall on the underneath the blower camp. As to pumps, a lot of us have good luck with Aeromotive's products. Drag Week tested and approved. They have simplified internally regulated EFI units that require fewer components than a full on A1000 set up. For EFi high quality high flow pre pump and post pump filters are a very good investment. Last but not least are supply and return lines and the size of the fuel tank breather/vent. They have matched component systems on their web site and their tech support is first rate. Are you injecting above or below the blower? The answer wiil help you choose the right regulator.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Above the blower.

ed

Comment

A Bosch 044 fuel pump is a solid bet and will likely support your fuel needs.

Comment

Working...
            X