Ford Blue Top 160lb characteristics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Blue Top 160lb characteristics

Could someone give me some specific injector characteristics settings they've had luck with running these? Everything I find just point back to the megamanual.

Ford Bosch CNG injectors. F5TE-B5A

I'm running MS2-extra with 8 of them MPI on a turbocharged 454.

Thanks,
    Kevin

I'd start with a .9 ms opening time, .9ms PWM time threshold (peak current time). That'll be pretty close. There's a homebrew way to tell if you have it right, by switching between 2-squirts alternating and simultaneous, if the AFRs don't change when you switch between them then you have it right, but I think .9 is going to be where you end up.

Be forewarned, they aren't great injectors for consistent idle AFRs, usually. The problem is nonlinear delivery per pulsewidth. Also minimize any battery voltage corrections that are specified in milliseconds of fuel per volt...
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

That makes sense to me I'll give it a try. I'm starting over with the new firmware and figured I try to start off right. I know they aren't the greatest injectors but they're cheap and I have a couple sets. Maybe I'll fork over the money on a good set later.

Thanks,
      Kevin

Comment

Working...
      X