tuner studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuner studio

I have not started my MS2 yet but.....is the tunerstudio already on the megasquirt or will I have to purchase it and load it?

ed

Originally posted by ecorl View Post
    I have not started my MS2 yet but.....is the tunerstudio already on the megasquirt or will I have to purchase it and load it?

ed
    TunerStudio is downloaded, it runs on your laptop - not the megasquirt. It's used to "talk to" the megasquirt. You download it from www.efianalytics.com

Also, it's free, but I recommend paying the cheap upgrade price - you get a few more features, and the guys who toil over the software development and upgrades make a little coin.
    Last edited by dieselgeek; January 10, 2013, 06:14 PM.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Okedo, thats what I thought. Investment well made I am sure. Thanke

Comment

Originally posted by ecorl View Post
        Okedo, thats what I thought. Investment well made I am sure. Thanke
        Can you share details about your project and plan?
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Yeah details please... I downloaded the free version to mess around with it but will be paying for the full version once the car is rewired and hope to be running efi analytics shadow dash also with a tablet in my car...

Comment

OK, I posted a thread earlier but here it is again: I am converting my blown (4-71), odd-fire chevy v6, mechanical fuel injection (bugcatcher) to EFI. I am running prostreet and the MFI was way too tricky at part throttle. I am brand new to EFI and have a big learning curve. I have purchased a MS2 and it will be used to control fuel only. I will be running 8 (80LB) injectors above the blower and I am running E85 fuel. [IMG]C:\Users\thecorls\Pictures\2012-04-22 042212[/IMG]

Comment

EFI blown v6

Sorry I screwed up on posting the photo on the previous thread.Click image for larger version

Name:	wreck 004.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	866311

Comment

wow - that's gorgeous and waaay original, kudos! pics sure help.

What are you using for an ignition system?

Comment

The ignition is from electromotive. They also have capacity to run EFI but I would have to upgrade the ECU. I am happy with the ignition system which is coil on plug, triggered by "missing tooth" type crank trigger. We really struggled with the ignition system but once I got it figured out, it really runs pretty well. Electromotive is pricey and their service was CRAP, but...they make good stuff. The motor makes 525 HP at 8 pounds of boost and a little over 600 at 15 pounds. I will look for you EFI guys to spoon feed me along.

thanks
                  ed

Comment

Is the plan to slave your MS tach input off the Electromotive tach output? IMO that is the best way to do it, the signal coming out of the electromotive will be a good source. you might need a pullup circuit though, and don't forget to set your MS2 up for Hall/Opto input in that case. (Or to be more confusing, you can run it like Randal and use the VR input with the square wave coming off your Electromotive).

What I would *avoid* is trying to share your 60-2 trigger signal with both ECUs. The Electromotive won't like it.

Comment

Yep, Megasquirt tech suggested pulling trigger of tach. I'm still a ways off (installing sensors). I'm still reading up on the manual and have not got up to the set up options yet. What is a pullup circuit?

Comment

Is your megasquirt tech someone at DIYautotune.com I hope?

A pullup circuit is basically one part, a resistor, that you connect to +12v on one end and to the tach circuit on the other. Tach circuit being the connection between your Electromotive "tach output" and Megasquirt "tach input" - it holds that signal at +12v until the Electromotive pulls it down to 0v each time an ignition event happens. There will be 8 events per engine cycle, or 4 per revolution.

We can walk you through it when it's time, maybe one of us can help you out with an MSQ file to get started too. Have you researched your options on firmware? (that's the software which runs on your megasquirt, not on the laptop) I'd recommend running the "Extra" firmware as it's got more features and seems easier to tune... we can walk you through that part too if you need.

Comment

This looks like a fun project!
                          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Ok thanks. I am no electronic whiz but I get it. The pull up circuit just cleans up the tach signal going to trigger the megasquirt. My contact at DIY has been Matt (very sharp and very helpful).
                            Firmware....dont know. I purchased a complete assembled and ready to run system from DIY (PCB version 3.57) and I thought that everything on the megasquirt would already be loaded. I have not come this far to skimp on extra firmware ....sounds important.

Comment

The pull up is not about cleaning the signal up or getting rid of noise. Either you need a pull-up or you don't. Which Electromotive ECU do you have? If the tach output is "open collector", then you need a pull-up.

Are you currently driving your tachometer with the output? If so, and the tach works, I doubt you need to add anything other than a wire to the MS.

Comment

Working...
                              X