tuner studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karl Buchka View Post
    Are you currently driving your tachometer with the output? If so, and the tach works, I doubt you need to add anything other than a wire to the MS.
    Every aftermarket tach I've seen provides the pullup internally. He will need the pullup in this application.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

if that's Matt Cramer, he'll eventually chime in here too hopefully. Great guy. He's been patient with my dumbass questions over the years like everyone else in this section of Bangshift!
      Last edited by Beagle; January 13, 2013, 10:47 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
        Every aftermarket tach I've seen provides the pullup internally. He will need the pullup in this application.
        I was assuming he would keep the tach connected.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl Buchka View Post
          I was assuming he would keep the tach connected.
          OK, that makes more sense. I was thinking slave the tach off the Megasquirt's tach output, hence he'd need a pullup circuit. But your way would work just fine I think.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Either way would work well I think.

Comment

blown v6

Yes, I am going to retain my tach. I thought I would just split the signal wire going to the tach and send it to the megasquirt. I am running an electromotive XDI ignition system.

In regards to the firmware: as I have purchased a "ready to run" system, do I still need to load this?

Comment

I don't know which version of the firmware DIYAutoTune loads on their MS2 boxes, but loading the latest version of MS2/Extra is a pretty simple affair.

Just follow the instructions here: http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms2extra/....html#download

Comment

DIY loads the latest B&G version of firmware, but IMO you're better off starting with the Extra firmware - better tech support is available for that at the www.msextra.com forums (not ms-efi.com).

As a MS user, remember it's up to you to make the decision on firmware, and hardware, it's more DIY than something like FAST but it's also got a lot more features and tunability.

Comment

Thanks DG....sounds like good advice to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X