Plumbing High Pressure Fuel Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbing High Pressure Fuel Line

What is the opinion on useing Aluminum hard tubing for fuel line with a fuel injection system. Its just a stock(mild rebuild) 5.0.
    I can do the correct 33* flares,tube nuts and sleeves,clamping etc. Then use short lengths of steel braid to the pump/tank and engine pressure and return.

This is what the customer wants,but Im not a fan of the bulk (Summit) fuel line in a high pressure system on the street,just the chance of a nick or dent creating a stress point and crack.

Am I over thinking this and should just suck it up and do the work or am I right to suggest a better option?

And then of course what is the best option,next to stainless hard line?

Thanks for the help.Again.

I like the 3/8 steel tubing you buy in 25' rolls. I figure it's good enough for OEMs for 80 years or so, I can make do with it. I could never get a decent flare on stainless line! Well, until I bought my mastercool flaring kit

Comment

I've had good luck with the summit bulk aluminum. Plumbed mine back in '05 and no probs. I did run it inside frame rails and secured it w/ clamps every 18 to 24 inches. One place where road debris can come in contact I simply split a rubber line and zip tied it around the aluminum to protect it.
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

So, o.k. well clamped/supprted protected from debris.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
          I've had good luck with the summit bulk aluminum. Plumbed mine back in '05 and no probs. I did run it inside frame rails and secured it w/ clamps every 18 to 24 inches. One place where road debris can come in contact I simply split a rubber line and zip tied it around the aluminum to protect it.
          That's about what I did myself on the Dart. Regular supports are a good precaution against work hardening and fatigue cracks.

Comment

Working...
          X