Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• megasquirt settings for new install

Guru's, two unrelated questions for you:

1. In megasquirt set up inputs for HP: is that HP at the crank or the wheels?

2. I am running an odd-fire v6. Is there any advantage to running 2 on one side and 1 on the other for each bank? I realize that running separate banks makes troubleshooting easier but since I am running an odd-fire, perhaps there might be some advantage to mixing it up. Since I am injecting above a blower, my thought is that its probably going to normalize pulses out anyway. Just thought I would ask.

thanks
    ed

Matt or DieselGeek probably know for sure, but I always figured the HP was based on engine, since the application could be a lawnmower or all out race car, and comparing whp through a torque converter and a 4-speed is a bit different.

I wouldn't worry about the pulses as you mentioned, wire it up in an easy way to troubleshoot. On my V8 I wired mine up like the two banks on a Caddy 4-6-8 engine, which worked well when a ground or power wire came loose on one bank, the engine still ran reasonably well as two cylinders on each side were still getting fuel (like 4-cylinder mode of the Caddy engine). On your application it probably doesn't matter.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by ecorl View Post
      Guru's, two unrelated questions for you:

1. In megasquirt set up inputs for HP: is that HP at the crank or the wheels?
      That's at the crank, as Randal noted.

2. I am running an odd-fire v6. Is there any advantage to running 2 on one side and 1 on the other for each bank? I realize that running separate banks makes troubleshooting easier but since I am running an odd-fire, perhaps there might be some advantage to mixing it up. Since I am injecting above a blower, my thought is that its probably going to normalize pulses out anyway. Just thought I would ask.

thanks
      ed
      Above the blower? It's not going to make any difference up there.

Comment

agreed. You guys are confirming my thoughts, just thinking out loud.

Comment

Working...
        X