looking at a used efi setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking at a used efi setup

im looking at a used diy built efi setup. it is supposed to be a complete running setup. has some kind of older accel controller. it has a billet 4 brl tb, all the sensors, injectors, fuel rails, pump, a laptop and the cable. the intake wont work for my exact application, i would have to build my own. not a huge deal to me, i have a few intakes. i can tig. the rails should work. emailing the guy back and forth he says the controller is kind of outdated and should really be replaced with something more modern. im kicking the idea around to buy it and a prebuilt ms3. any suggestions? is there anything else i would need to make the change from the current controller to a ms?
    i have 2 similar cars. one is a cruiser, the other more of a hotrod. i have a ez-efi new in the box, im on the fence about installing or not. part of me wants to run it, part of me wants to resell it and move on.
    i bought the ez-efi for my cruiser, i was having a hard time dialing in the carb for all around good performace/efficiency throughout the entire range. idle, cruising, wot, and 6th gear cruising with the t56.
    i could still install it and run it and probably be happy. i just really want to try the ms stuff, and am kind of leary to take the ez out of the box go through all the work, and not really be happy with it.

The old DFI controller should be checked out, if it's anything Gen 7 it'll still work pretty good - as good as an MS2. Don't throw it out until you know what model it is (got a part number?)
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

guy said its a gen 6. hes looking for 800. i was looking at used bbc kit that was gen 7, i think that was an off the shelf complete unit, but it was double the price.

Comment

that's REALLY old, I wouldn't spend any money on the controller. After that, the other guys here are better at the hardware parts and whether or not they're worth any money, considering what can be scrounged up and DIYd these days.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

i wasnt planning on running the controller. i thought the 800 was fair for the rest, but im on here looking for input. thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X