Injection timing delay for v6 odd-fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injection timing delay for v6 odd-fire

Sorry guys, my pasted text keeps getting truncated on the download. Short and sweet question:

For an odd-fire v6 with firing on 90-150-90-150, what should I use for ITD?
    ed
    Last edited by ecorl; March 12, 2013, 04:48 AM. Reason: truncated text

If it's a bank to bank system, don't worry about it... if it's a sequential system with oddfire support, set up its odd fire settings correctly and the injection should follow along.

Comment

Thanks Matt. Thats what I was hoping you would say because it makes sense. I'm just using MS2 for fuel only in standard batch above the blower (no ports) so I didnt think it would matter. I have a lot of coin in my motor so i'm reading everything several times, double checking everything, and asking plenty of stupid questions before i even turn a key. Excessive lean conditions are more of a concern during a load and I will work up to that point with caution. For out of the box start up, I just dont want to backfire through the blower. That can be hard on stuff.

ed

Comment

To avoid backfire through the blower, spend plenty of time making sure your cranking timing is in the right place or near it, 0-10 advance during cranking will be ideal (yeah, I know, plenty of guys will tell you 30+ is fine cranking, but trust me and the OEMs).

I do it with the plugs out, it's easier on the starter and easier to see the timing marks that way. If that's working, then you should be able to set up a cranking pulse based on your injector sizes (I can give you a ballpark figure) and it will fire right up.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

hmmmm, you know i have never checked timing during cranking. I will check it. My blown v6 runs a total of 22 that comes in via stages with the electromotive ECU. Thanks
          ed

Comment

Working...
          X