radiation detection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radiation detection

I am no scientist, but trying to generalize an oxide problem or frequency is a concern however.

My question may seem stupid,
    but will this 5 dollar electromagnetic radiation pen detect an oxide ticking away?
    Attached Files
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

That's an EMF Detector, an RF Sniffer, Barry.
    It'll tell you if you're cell phone, pc, microwave, is killing you.
    Might find some spooky ghosts too.

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
      That's an EMF Detector, an RF Sniffer, Barry.
      It'll tell you if you're cell phone, pc, microwave, is killing you.
      Might find some spooky ghosts too.
      if that stuff goes in circles enough, it becomes one indeed.
      I'll grab one for the 5 bucks they are asking.

I got diodes, a little pulse width, a lot of old analog, old mosfet amp..

that gadget could tell me how things are going.

the oxide one is something from the cold war I presume...needs training to run.
      Previously boxer3main

Comment

"TUNING " with a geiger counter ...the latest trick in the book for the slightly competent search engineer ...

Comment

oh boy, I guess tuning with uranium beats tuning with Uranus like most of us. Maybe its a fullofshitometer.

Sorry, had to go there.

I have a tempo 200FP Filter probe a dsl tech left here, looks the same..,.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
            "TUNING " with a geiger counter ...the latest trick in the book for the slightly competent search engineer ...
            why not.

all those years of lean burn cats and east coast 3 mile island, and every other leak they fib about. no conspiracy to witness every make of every model disappear every 3 years. Blame rust again.. whatever floats your plutonium.

I do remember the cats.. old version. holy crap. even a sunstorm could trigger them. I went for the radio frequency magnet reader something or other to see if electrical grounds need separation, and that is as far as I am going with it. The cat had the monster. A quarter century decreases odds of anything odd.

ya know, the longest running vehicles here.. an owner learned the nuke. Hardly speaks it. Funny enough, there is an i6 with a monojet local. not a show vehicle, simply driven...headed for 30 years old. those were in among the worst victims, sucking things in miles around on that tiny carb at the speed of sound.

mostly the cats anyway. the real weird stuff aint ever coming back with a simple rebuild. Makes a boxer engine famous yet another way.. the list is getting to be quite long as to why it is famous in my mind.. trials and errors, what survives what.

I hope I don't kill another one. A 100 cell cat is on the way. Good enough for a Porsche gt3, good enough for me. That should be the end of my nuclear thoughts, the rest would be the radio frequency collisions. It will be interesting to see of the doors got bothered by many years of a shared ground radio etc. etc.
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; May 3, 2013, 10:09 AM.
            Previously boxer3main

Comment

oxidation is chemical reaction, not radiological.... at least as far as my training.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                oxidation is chemical reaction, not radiological.... at least as far as my training.
                detect radiologically.

I have only been scared once by a real reaction, one of my dads rigs. multi million miles, the trail of rumored bad places.
                no explanation..
                I don't like to talk about it. this day and age where faith in electrons is everywhere.

I am glad there is a hadron collider. Science knows mystery exists and attempts to replicate.

the funniest most common thing to confuse for a radioactive in cars is shared grounds creating an agitated phase...and those damn cats.

this is thought provoking. matter and anti matter. my neighbor is anti matter for example. We best not collide.

the result is radiation. So much for oxide (that oxide theory has always bewildered me- that is the most shallow result of anything).
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; May 3, 2013, 12:01 PM.
                Previously boxer3main

Comment

huh?
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                    huh?
                    a tuner would say that.

where's my hammer...the carb needs something.

ever seen steel make its own sunshine?

electrons don't either.

I found this subject fascinating..my first car onward.
                    it has been 25 years in maine. if you can't see the forecasted northern lights there is a good chance you ARE the northern lights.

it goes on and on.

I had a catalyst that ran so long, it made objects disappear. A factor into insanity if to have to explain what just happened...

rock on hadron collider. rock on.
                    Last edited by Barry Donovan; May 4, 2013, 06:38 PM.
                    Previously boxer3main

Comment

I got no idea.
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                      X