fast efi xfi stick shift car help sugestions or ideas greatly apreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fast efi xfi stick shift car help sugestions or ideas greatly apreciated

Ok i am new to efi but i decided that is what i needed so i have a new fast xfi 2.0 installed in my mustang #3400 lbs its a 306 with a turbo and a five speed i was going to tune it myself but after a couple months of trying to just get it to idle i decided i would pay a reputable shop to do the deed for me so i get the car back i got two tunes one for 93 octane and 15 pounds of boost and one for c16 and 30 pounds of boost i put the car on street tune and its off the chart lean while cruising 15.95. if its wide open throttle in any gear but 1st its off the chart lean i have added fuel but i am having to add 15 to the cells to get to a 14.7 ratio while cruising but when i do that and i am in different gear the tune is way off for that gear so i called the tunner and he says he forgot to go back and adjust the street tune after a waste gate adjustment was made. he said that the race tune is fine so i load up and go to the track well the race tune is off the chart lean. so i load the car take it back to the dyno and its fine on the dyno still sucks( way too lean to drive) anywhere else so i did some reading about different dyno types inertia and eddy brake the dyno they have is an inertia dyno plus a eddy brake but their eddy brake is broke. so i am wondering if i just need some one with an eddy brake dyno so called fast and explained my situation the tech said because its a stick shift car the tune will never be right for any paticular gear so i should pick a gear tune it for that and to open the correction limits all the way up and leave it in closed loop. i have also tried to turn on the learning but it ads like 35 to the fuel table and seems to make it worse None of this really sounds right to me so now i am not sure if i need a different tunner, a different dyno or if i should try to tune it my self and live with what i end up or go back to my mechanical injection any body who can help or recommend a tunner that can help would be great

Try Dieselgeek, Scott Clark, he's on here quite a bit. He tuned my LSR, big block Chevy, twin turbo, stick shift car and it ran just fine on the salt and on the highway too.

Comment

Originally posted by racefast View Post
      Ok i am new to efi but i decided that is what i needed so i have a new fast xfi 2.0 installed in my mustang #3400 lbs its a 306 with a turbo and a five speed i was going to tune it myself but after a couple months of trying to just get it to idle i decided i would pay a reputable shop to do the deed for me so i get the car back i got two tunes one for 93 octane and 15 pounds of boost and one for c16 and 30 pounds of boost i put the car on street tune and its off the chart lean while cruising 15.95. if its wide open throttle in any gear but 1st its off the chart lean i have added fuel but i am having to add 15 to the cells to get to a 14.7 ratio while cruising but when i do that and i am in different gear the tune is way off for that gear so i called the tunner and he says he forgot to go back and adjust the street tune after a waste gate adjustment was made. he said that the race tune is fine so i load up and go to the track well the race tune is off the chart lean. so i load the car take it back to the dyno and its fine on the dyno still sucks( way too lean to drive) anywhere else so i did some reading about different dyno types inertia and eddy brake the dyno they have is an inertia dyno plus a eddy brake but their eddy brake is broke. so i am wondering if i just need some one with an eddy brake dyno so called fast and explained my situation the tech said because its a stick shift car the tune will never be right for any paticular gear so i should pick a gear tune it for that and to open the correction limits all the way up and leave it in closed loop. i have also tried to turn on the learning but it ads like 35 to the fuel table and seems to make it worse None of this really sounds right to me so now i am not sure if i need a different tunner, a different dyno or if i should try to tune it my self and live with what i end up or go back to my mechanical injection any body who can help or recommend a tunner that can help would be great
      I don't believe the FAST tech at all, nor the dyno guy. The engine knows only load and RPM, not what gear you are in. My guess is there is something wrong with the tune or config. The first thing I would check is timing sync and distributor rotor phasing. I tune a lot of XFI systems just like yours on everything from tame to crazy combos and never have the issue you rae describing.

Do you have data logs of the good and bad operation? looking at fuel injector pulsewidth will tell you if the problems is the tune, or something mechanical - if the pulsewidth is the same when the engine is both lean AND rich, then it's not a tune issue - if the pulsewidth is different between lean and rich running then we need to get you a good tuner IMO.

Where are you located?
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Almost forgot, usually the first thing I ditch on a XFI 2.0 "default tune" is the MAP-based enrichment. I bet this is what causes your problem. There's a table for MAP-v-AE that I set to all zeros. By default the XFI comes with BOTH MAP-based enrichment, and TPS-based enrichment. You will only want TPS on the stick+turbo option.

First check that you have both enabled. If you did, when you zero it out the car will need retuned.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I knew he could steer you in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
          X