EGT's and MS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGT's and MS2

Since i am in the final stages of building my headers, I am thinking about installing EGT's on each tube of my blown v6. I think megasquirt can handle all 6 signals. Are they really necessary as a good diagnostic if I'm running an O2 sensor anyway? If so, which EGT's do you recommend?

You'd need a CAN based expansion device to run all 6 signals, but it can be done. The biggest problem I see is that EGTs are mostly good for analyzing cylinder by cylinder mixture distribution variations, and without sequential injection, there's only so much you can do to address those. We don't normally use EGTs unless we're trying to do cylinder by cylinder tuning.

Comment

Thanks Matt. Yea I am only injecting above the blower and its just gonna get mixed anyway. Currently I use a thermo gun in the pits just to make sure each tube is firing and at approximately the same temp. I already tapped them for EGT's for the dyno but the plugs dont always stay in. If I get a leak from one of those its gonna wreak havoc with the O2 sensor so I'm thinking of just welding them up at this point.

Comment

Working...
      X