EFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFI

I would like to ask a question of you guys.

What do you find hard or difficult about EFI?

What puts you off on EFI?

please dont be shy this isnt going to turn into a bashing thread and if it does i will have it removed.

Re: EFI

I just looked at my browser and noticed I was in the wrong place!! I was looking for www.carbjunkietv.com

:D

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I just touched on this on the other thread. Is there a website or a book that explains the basic fundamentals of EFI tuning that would make sense to those of us that aren't I.T. guys? Something that would explain the terminology at least.

Comment

the mega squirt site is pretty good

Comment

EFI is great, works fine, it's not too difficult to understand. It can be cheap or not, depending on how you do it. It does require a lot of parts and wires and stuff, instead of just having to connect a fuel line.

It's also just not appropriate for a lot of hot rods....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

what makes it not appropriate?

Comment

to many of them wire thingy's... ( I'm actually very Pro EFI... )

Like Jim... it doesn't automatically belong on Everything you own...

K

Comment

Not period appropriate, is what I think he meant.

What would these guys think if you rolled up in an old rod,
                and had EFI on it?
                I don't care either, but I could use a carb or EFI so I don't apply.

Comment

I dont know, really. Something about taste....I know it when I see it, but I can't explain. Maybe it's part of the violation game. If you can explain the violation game, then you'll know what I mean. If not, then maybe you should gracefully accept the fact that some people just don't like all that modern stuff on an old car.

My fabulous web page

Comment

If an old hot rod had a good old mechanical hilborn system on it, it would be really bitchin...if it has fake 97s with injectors hidden in them, it's extra lame.

My fabulous web page

Comment

i too dont believe it belongs on everything unless you are like me and putting stuff in cars that dont belong, im not a respect the period kind of person.

i would just like to get a feel for the resons why people say EFI is no good. i guess what i am trying to drag out of some of you is your reason for not liking EFI. Alot of you are very open minded and have no problem with it, i would like to hear from you CARB guys who have tried it and got a bad taste from it.

Comment

Does that mean I'm not included?

Comment

everyone is included

i just have never really heard a harcore answer form anyone who has tried it and didnt like it. i guess i want to understand.

Comment

I did a couple OEM type EFI swaps (complete engine/efi/modified stock harness) years ago, the cars ran fine, it just seems like it was a hell of a lot of work and time put into them for not much gain. And they were quite a bit slower than my truck with a freebie Qjet on it.

My fabulous web page

Comment

For one thing, the average "junkie" car is just fine with a carb.
                              Not that it couldn't be better, but in many cases, you can
                              buy a $400 carb, some jets, and your done.

No-one has ever given me a straight answer on the costs
                              involved with setting up your own EFI.

Having done similar with Ford stuff, before EFI was popular
                              with rodders, I have an idea, but lets see it in print.

Comment

Working...
                              X