feed and grounds for MS2, sensors and injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feed and grounds for MS2, sensors and injectors

So, I am finally wiring things up for my megasquirt MS2 install (fuel control only) and its obvious from the strings here that these are very important so i want to do this right. Questions for the guru's:

1. Should I run the power lead to the power supply board directly from the battery? I had ignition problems before using the hot from the alternator so that supply goes directly to the battery too.

2. Should grounds to sensors and injectors go to the battery? My battery is in the trunk which is grounded via 01 to the frame rail but I ran an 08 wire up to the motor plate as well.

3. My electromotive coil-on-cylinder grounds are on the intake. Is there any potential issues with grounding my sensors or injectors to these same locations?

4. Please highlight the most "critical" do's and dont's for me.

much appreciated
    ed

I run all my grounds to a battery cable that goes straight to the battery I also run one ground wire from each head down to it also. every ground on the fuel and ign runs to it. The power wire is taken off the forward battery cable going to the starter relay. The alt wire goes all the way to the battery it uses the battery as a surge protection
    Last edited by JeffMcKC; July 16, 2013, 06:37 AM.
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by ecorl View Post
      So, I am finally wiring things up for my megasquirt MS2 install (fuel control only) and its obvious from the strings here that these are very important so i want to do this right. Questions for the guru's:

1. Should I run the power lead to the power supply board directly from the battery? I had ignition problems before using the hot from the alternator so that supply goes directly to the battery too.
      There are several places that will work; that is one of them.

2. Should grounds to sensors and injectors go to the battery? My battery is in the trunk which is grounded via 01 to the frame rail but I ran an 08 wire up to the motor plate as well.
      I generally prefer grounding the ECU to the motor, but it can go to the battery instead.

Sensors should be grounded to the ECU, period. Nowhere else. Only exception is certain wideband O2 sensor controllers.

3. My electromotive coil-on-cylinder grounds are on the intake. Is there any potential issues with grounding my sensors or injectors to these same locations?
      The ECU can be grounded there, but not the sensors.

Comment

Working...
      X