Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• placement of bypass regulator

Guru's:

I am running my fuel system for my blown v6 and just realized that the guy who set up my injector hat leaves me little choice on the placement of the by-pass regulator. Recall that I am running E85 above the blower only and the injectors are in the original MFI locations on the bugcatcher (no port injection). There are no fuel rails, just a distribution block with feed lines to each 80 LB injector. The distribution block has one input line on the rear. So, I am going to have to feed the fuel block AFTER the bypass regulator. I realize that typically with EFI the fuel comes from the pump, through the rails, and then to the by-pass regulator (back-pressure regulated). Will there be any issues if the fuel goes to the regulator first for my application?

ed

It's not ideal, but if you put the regulator right at the block, it shouldn't be trouble, either.

Comment

Thanks Matt. Yea I'm already on that idea. I am building a bracket for it right at the distribution block. Hoping I will not suffer from excessive pressure spikes when I go o WOT. The distribution block should help a little and I am thinking I may have to run slightly higher pressure too.

ed

Comment

Working...
      X