Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• composite intakes, and bungs

Hi, Another stupid question..
    my first efi with be a vortec headed engine..
    the biggest complaint from those that run the factory intake is the spiders poppet valves. not the flow of the intake itself..
    Do they make composite injector bungs that you could epoxy into the intake like any other mpefi?
    I'd think alum into the composite wouldn't work without an o ring as the heat cycles would be different(expand/contract)
    or would this be a cut and paste deal, cut bungs out of another composite intake and paste(epoxy) them into the vortec
    they make a boat mpefi intake but people want gold for them..
    just ideas floating in my gray matter..

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
    Hi, Another stupid question..
    my first efi with be a vortec headed engine..
    the biggest complaint from those that run the factory intake is the spiders poppet valves. not the flow of the intake itself..
    Do they make composite injector bungs that you could epoxy into the intake like any other mpefi?
    I'd think alum into the composite wouldn't work without an o ring as the heat cycles would be different(expand/contract)
    or would this be a cut and paste deal, cut bungs out of another composite intake and paste(epoxy) them into the vortec
    they make a boat mpefi intake but people want gold for them..
    just ideas floating in my gray matter..
    Go to the boat boneyard in person. There'a a ton of them out there. Boat parts are always a bit pricier, but not that much.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

There are plenty of more flexible epoxies that wont be effected by the cycles. Look more to adhesives than putty.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        Go to the boat boneyard in person. There'a a ton of them out there. Boat parts are always a bit pricier, but not that much.
        didn't think of a boat bone yard..

Comment

Working...
        X