Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing input signals

Howdy,

Well I'm wiring up my L67 ECM (again) and while I have no idea what it's doing with the gas gauge input, I am currently splitting the tank sender output between an analog gauge and the ECM input. Should I be concerned about messing up with the ECM sees by having the analog inline?

There is a "Fuel Flow Out" off of the ECM that headed back to the stock Grand Prix instrument cluster but no idea if it was just a repeated signal or if it had be "interpreted" to run the gauge and warning light on the cluster.

Comments?
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Does the sending unit have a separate power wire (I haven't seen that too often) or is it a one or two wire hook up? If it's two wire, I'd worry about the bias resistors in the gauge and ECM interfering with each other.

Comment

I wouldn't trust anything using an ohm output for a reading to be split - I don't know why other than if I put 8 ohm speakers in series I get 16 ohms load, or 4 if I put them in parallel. That said, if it was voltage output, I'd be more likely to try it.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Good points, no idea what the ECM does with it anyway so I'll run the gauge with it and see what happens. If it causes problems I guess I'll have to wire in the "fuel flow out" and see if I can run a gauge off of it.
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
        X