Idle Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle Hunting

This is on my '99 Z28, when I first start it up when it's cold the idle will dip up and down for about 10-15 seconds and then it settles in and idles at the commanded rpm. My tuner guy said this was going to happen because the size of the cam I have, but I feel I should be able to smooth it out or at least cut down the time it takes for it to settle in. So far I've been adjusting some tables, but reading through the manuals I got, there is a procedure for cable driven throttle bodies to set a base idle by disconnecting the IAC solenoid. So I did this, started the car and the idle set in at 1500rpm, so this whole time I'm thinking it's not getting enough air at idle and have been trying to give it more, when in reality it's getting to much air at idle and the IAC is trying to reduce the amount of air going into the engine. Anyway my question is if I lower my idle manually to match the commanded idle with the IAC disconnected will this help with the rpm swing that I'm experiencing when the IAC is connected?
    Last edited by BigAL; September 7, 2013, 08:16 PM.
    The Green Machine.
    http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg
Working...
X