X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    I'm using the Cherry sensor on my Skylark and Firebird. Neither has given me any issue. The Skylark has had one on there since 2011!

Thats good news, although I will probably pickup a spare for drag week just in case, I also need to grab a spare jeep cam sensor.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    I'm using the Cherry sensor on my Skylark and Firebird. Neither has given me any issue. The Skylark has had one on there since 2011!

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    Update, I am hoping to fire it up this weekend. I am still going ignition only right now but I have wired up everything else so I can have data logging capabilities. I added a fuel pressure, oil pressure sensor, and even a TPS for the carb. This weekend I was able to test fire all of the coils, trigger my fans on, and basically test everything I could test up to this point.

At Dieselgeeks recommendation I changed from a VR sensor to a Cherry Hall Effect and I need to add a resistor to the board for that change, this sensor will also be easier to mount into my MSD mount. This week/weekend I need to finish my crank sensor mount, wire my cam sensor, and wire in my hall effect sensor for the crank which scares me because the wires are so tiny but it won't be a big deal. I will add some pics this weekend once I get a few things lined out. Fingers crossed for noise this weekend!

I also need to get a serial to USB connection so I can get my LC2 working, any recommendations?
    Last edited by BlueCuda340; May 27, 2015, 05:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    I haven't updated this in way to long. I'm behind like I thought I would be but getting closer. On drag week my last msd part left me on the side of the road and I had to resort to a junky spare to finish the week. I have done three drag weeks and been stuck on the side of the road twice, both msd problems, both times I have had the needed help or the needed part and been able to get back on the road.

I got the intake, tb, and injectors and I lack fuel system. It's looking like I'm going to use the ms to control my ignition to start out since I am out of good msd boxes and it would be silly to buy new when I am this far in. Holding off on the fuel control for a few reasons. I'm out of money lol and the afore mentioned baby is now 16 months old and he chews up some time, I can't wait until he can help. My dad has also been bitten by the drag week bug and we are putting together a bigger motor for drag week this year in my car. I will likely be carbed with coil on plug ignition until after drag week. I will then put this 360 back in and learn the fuel control part on this cheap motor without fear of tearing something up on the bigger motor with actual good pieces in it.

I have the ms unit mounted in the car under the seat, and I have the harnesses run Into the engine bay. I have my coils mounted on the valve covers and the pieces for my jeep cam sensor as well. Last night I did some test fitting with my 36-1 wheel, I have it sandwiched between my pulley and balancer, it works good and shimming the alternator out that thickness is easy as it's my only belt driven accessory. I borrowed an msd crank trigger mount from my dad and it works surprisingly well and lines up quite good. I have a question into DIY about a vr sensor that will work with the msd mount as that takes a lot of work out of the crank sensor area if I can find something for that.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Cramer
    replied
    Originally posted by lsika View Post
    Were did u find help with jumper for ur stims this is my first ms set up it has some functions tps coolant and some other but no rpm its a 3x configured same as urs any input would be greatly appreciated thanks
    If you're using a JimStim, the jumper settings are here:

Leave a comment:

• lsika
    replied
    Were did u find help with jumper for ur stims this is my first ms set up it has some functions tps coolant and some other but no rpm its a 3x configured same as urs any input would be greatly appreciated thanks

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    I got the sequential thing figured out, wasn't using my head when it came to setting up tuner studio for the two wheels(cam and crank). That works, I have been playing with outputs to see how I will run my electric water pump and fans and that all works. My current drag week plan is showing up in Tulsa(i live there anyways) to sign up if I happen to miss the registration whenever it opens. Now, if I miss the initial registration I might just say F it and use my drag week money to buy the stuff I need to finish this EFI project. The Megasquirt part is ready, the car part just needs to be done now.

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    I haven't been able to get it to work in sequential even though I "think" I have the cam input on the jimstim done correctly. More forum searching tonight.
    Last edited by BlueCuda340; March 31, 2014, 11:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Ah heck, just looked and there's surge tanks all over ebay. Interesting.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post

http://www.flowfd.com/shop/dual-efi-...el-surge-tank/
    Edit: That might be from Australia. lol
    I really like that tank. I've looked at a few similar to that one, but that's the best one I've seen. Just can't bring myself to spend $100 =P

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied

http://www.flowfd.com/shop/dual-efi-...el-surge-tank/

Edit: That might be from Australia. lol
    Last edited by BBR; March 27, 2014, 07:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    That is pretty interesting, not sure I could use the exact thing but I could probably build something similiar. Thanks for the link.

Leave a comment:

• Sctrance
    replied
    Instead of an external surge tank this surge box is what I'm installing in my aluminum fuel cell since the small sump is not enough low level fuel control for EFI.
    I will install a -12 bulkhead fitting through the cell an attach the surge box to the fitting that will serve as the pickup. Will also run a line from the fuel return into the box to keep it full similar to how an OE fuel module works.
    If you have a stock tank maybe this can be attached to the tank bottom so the stock pickup is located inside, or maybe this spawns some ideas how to fab something similar around the pickup with a couple of oil pan style trap doors.

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    Got rpm tonight, played with tuner studio some. Tuner studio is very nice and pretty easy to understand even being a newbie to EFI. I got outputs set for my fans, played with nitrous control as well. It all works on the stimx board. I would love to get this on before drag week but there is just no way. I am going to have a thousand miles on it In tuner studio before I get it on the car lol.
    Last edited by BlueCuda340; March 26, 2014, 04:32 AM. Reason: iPad keyboard and lack of proofreading

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    And for reference, the little surge tank I made is working like a charm. I've put over 16 gallons in the tank while filling up at least twice so far, which if the 18gallon capacity is correct around 1.5 gallons in the tank with no effect while driving.
    That's good to hear, that's likely how I will start out with my fuel system. I found some time tonight. I put Erik my 4 month old in my lap and walked him through the firmware install. It went well, I got tuner studio fired up and it comes on and the tps and coolant knobs work on the jimstim, didn't try anything else since I need to setup my wheel settings and such. I have a lot to learn! But it feels good to see it do things on the screen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X