X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick - you're a metal magician.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

There sure is a lot of "clever" in this one....thanks for posting!
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys! I've always wanted to do something like this with EFI on a Hilborn. To me it seems the most optimal setup you could have. It has been one of the more challenging projects I've done in awhile and not sure if somebody has ever attempted doing this.
        Nick Smithberg
        www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Uberfuggincool!!!!
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
            Uberfuggincool!!!!
            Farken Gruven!!
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Very impressive! Is the goal to hide the injectors for a cleaner look, better injector targeting, or something else that wasn't available off the shelf?
              Last edited by Matt Cramer; January 22, 2014, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Dunno how I missed this... Makes me wish I tried harder to be a machinist..
                You are a true artist, Nick... From someone who can play a bit... Your work inspires!
                Oh yeah, I also have a soft spot for the W headed motors too..

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
                  Very impressive! Is the goal to hide the injectors for a cleaner look, better injector targeting, or something else that wasn't available off the shelf?
                  Yes, Yes, and Yes (to have something nobody else has).
                  Nick Smithberg
                  www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    Dunno how I missed this... Makes me wish I tried harder to be a machinist..
                    You are a true artist, Nick... From someone who can play a bit... Your work inspires!
                    Oh yeah, I also have a soft spot for the W headed motors too..
                    They are certainly unique that's for sure. I've been stuck in a 409 groove here lately from various projects coming to the market (CNC Head Programs) and this BIG project. I've been enjoying it! Thanks Bob for the compliment!
                    Nick Smithberg
                    www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Nick, I have one question. Is it going to be hard to get 8 injectors stuffed into the fuel rail down in between the injector stacks? I have never seen aluminum finned 348/409 valve covers with the Chevrolet in raised letters on them. Those are really neat and your work is absolutely awesome.

Comment

Hey Gary, hope all is well in your world!

Yes, there is some pre assembly on a bench before the injectors are set down on the heads. I believe the valve covers were purchased from Speedway Motors. Not sure if they will use them or alter them. These guys don't mess around....top notch work! Wish you could see this in person to really appreciate it more. Lots of detail work in everything.
                        Nick Smithberg
                        www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by BOSSMAN View Post
                          Yes, Yes, and Yes (to have something nobody else has).
                          Matt, it's going in another car from CAL Automotive - Andy Leach - it'll be equally or even more clean looking than the 40 Ford, and of course powered by MS. MS3-Pro this time.
                          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Wow! how many hours do you have in it? If you don't mind telling.
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                              Wow! how many hours do you have in it? If you don't mind telling.
                              Right now actual machine time 30 hours.
                              Nick Smithberg
                              www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Is that a chevy block or one of the new World Products blocks?

Comment

Working...
                                X