No announcement yet.

USB connector in Holley ECU is VERY delicate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the O/P 2 at holley say it can be fixed. for what it's worth. they just don't have the means to fix it correctly and professionally.. and why you got the reply you did..

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
      YOU ARE the reason I haven't bothered buying a msII yet, as I'm not sure I'd get an honest answer out of you.. I honestly think you'd take joy out of someone having fits over not getting it to work.. just by your post.. I'd trust randal to straight talk, but you have to belittle people every f'n chance you get. then run to chad like A little bitch and try to have people banned..
      I've gone so far to have the suburb' pump set up for my tank.. and other parts.. but somedays you are nice and offer help, HELL you offered a MSI or II but then post like I'm beneath you.. like I'm a 2 year old.. and dumb as a rock.. not becoming at all... It's amazing you still have all your front teeth.. if you pull this crap with people in a "live" setting
      Changing the subject? I'm shocked. I answered a MILLION questions from you, then you start asking the same things over and over again. Don't even give me this crap how I'm to blame for you being lazy and claiming you're going to do big things - and never getting them done. Sounds like someone else we know...
      Last edited by dieselgeek; February 10, 2014, 10:31 PM.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

To the O/P 2 at holley say it can be fixed. for what it's worth. they just don't have the means to fix it correctly and professionally.. and why you got the reply you did..

What are their names please?
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
          You guess that DIYAutotoune are "The Megasquirt Guys" - you're wrong.
          You guessed that the Megasquirt builders outsource their assembly - you're totally wrong.
          You claimed that Any USB port can be replaced - you're way wrong.
          You claimed that you talked with people at Holley that his board can be fixed? TIME TO MAN UP AND PROVE THAT.

The simple issue here is, you're talking out your ass in public. Do it somewhere else. You don't own an EFI ECU, you've never tuned one, you've never assembled one, so your opinion on these topics doesn't matter to anyone here. Please quit clogging up a decent thread trying to impress us with skills and knowledge you don't have yet.
          Again post up a usb post/board that can not, no ands ,if, butts about it.. be fixed.. in any manner to send and receive data from that port.. including a wired in ex cord/port.. please please post it.. this is what I've asked 4 times now AS I HAVE YET TO SEE ANY THING ON ANY CIRCUIT BOARD THAT CAN NOT BE FIXED..

Comment

Blane is one, And liz talked to the tech dept and replied back..

Comment

Names of the two holley people you talked to? Because I know two people there in charge of the EFI program. Want to know who you talked with please.

Comment

Blane is one, And liz talked to the tech dept and replied back..
                Got a last name?

Comment

hell wasn't a year ago you posted in the emc that you had to fix the surfacemount ms at the event

Comment

Got a last name?
                    no don't have blanes last name.. the other one that had to get a reply from the tech dept was miles..

Comment

this is the guy who claimed that he was a successful NASCAR driver who had to go by a fake name on this forum because the Boston Mob was going to kill him.

Sure Mark, sure.

Comment

Changing the subject? I'm shocked. I answered a MILLION questions from you, then you start asking the same things over and over again. Don't even give me this crap how I'm to blame for you being lazy and claiming you're going to do big things - and never getting them done. Sounds like someone else we know...
                        like who. Alex that has done more work on his 99 Camaro and rebuilt a truck while you still bitch that he's done nothing.. I've not got as much done as I'd like. sorry my ####ing health sucks.. still farther along on my build than well, where is your project thread?? YA we all suck.. I'm done..

Comment

does your EMPLOYER know you treat potential clients like this on forums..??(hope they never read any of your degrading post) D/g reread your post when you don't have a hair across your ass..
                          must be nice to be perfect.. I'm out.. at least I try'd to get info to help the O/P what did you do..
                          Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; February 10, 2014, 10:42 PM.

Comment

this is the guy who claimed that he was a successful NASCAR driver who had to go by a fake name on this forum because the Boston Mob was going to kill him.

Sure Mark, sure.
                            Link to the thread? LOL
                            1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                            1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Guys... I think you may be saying the same thing in different ways. As DieselGeek noted, the official Bowling & Grippo systems that use SMD parts are built by Advanced Electronic Assembly, a contract manufacturer in Pennsylvania. DIYAutoTune.com specific SMD components are built at a separate contract manufacturer in the Atlanta area, one about the same size as AEA.

Comment

so can you snip off the legs of the USB port and solder jumper wires on it to a new USB port with a little bit of cable that gives you some mounting options or something? I sure as hell wouldn't trash an ECU because the USB port was horked.
                                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X