USB connector in Holley ECU is VERY delicate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    so can you snip off the legs of the USB port and solder jumper wires on it to a new USB port with a little bit of cable that gives you some mounting options or something? I sure as hell wouldn't trash an ECU because the USB port was horked.
    can always send it to me, I'll gladly take it off his hands..

Comment

Beagle. You rock man! Did you know that "horked" is actually computer slang for a f!@!#$-up computer? Was that intentional or are you truly that brilliant with this highly appropriate use of wording?

ha
      ed

Comment

I've always loved that one. We used it a lot at work, and fubar which was military origin I think. Corporate lawyers made us stop using foo.bar in our articles.

Back in the late 80's, Micrografx shipped a product with IJDM for the brand or company name in a bunch of their clip-art. It Just Doesn't Matter... I always wondered how customers felt about that fictitious company name or how many even picked up on it.

OP hasn't come back much? Wondering about the final outcome.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Wow...like a freaking roller coaster
          Nice job Beag getting it back in line. Mike T makes mean MS boards right here in the US. Holley, not so much. It is possible to replace surface mount components at home, but your potential failure rate is high, leading to possible board damage through excess heat. Its beat that Holley wont repair the board, but typical. My oldest BS3 ECU (9 years) gave it up a while back and John had to replace the whole shebang inside the box since its all made in Germany. Kind of pricey. More food for thought when trying to decide which EFI system to go with on a new build.
          www.FBthrottlebodies.com
          Bruce K Bridges

Comment

OP prolly got scared off and afraid to post for fear of getting shocked thru the keyboard..
            The reason I didn't stick with computer repair was my ham fists din't fit in a box and I sweat too much.. Was always getting shocked! Not my kinda buzz
            Like Beagle says.. You can add one on, but fail rate is pretty high!

Comment

One more reason to choose megasquirt.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                One more reason to choose megasquirt.
                Not really, I'm looking at my Dominator here and thinking it's a heluva lot more solid than the connector on the MS3. The MS3-Pro has a connector "in the harness" that seems serviceable - but I have a hard time believing the Holley one broke loose without some serious violence.
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                X