Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can EMS Pro fuel pump lead control something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can EMS Pro fuel pump lead control something else?

For example and electric water pump? I don't want it to run all the time and I do want an ignition off over-ride for cooling down. Same question for the fan control function, can I have an over ride? The new fan will have both speeds enabled by separate circuits can I do that somehow?
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Re: Can EMS Pro fuel pump lead control something else?

Yes and Yes.

You have a ton of options, actually. The "boost control" output can do double duty as a spare output, and "ground" a relay to turn it on.

Jeff McKC's car is an excellent example of multiple outputs. The fuel pump output controls both a Fuel Pump Relay, and his electric vacuum pump. Simply join the Fuel Pump output wire to BOTH relay trigger grounds. It'll provide ground for the coil circuits of both relays just fine, since they draw practically nothing.

He uses the boost control output to control his water pump. The spare output can be based on ANY input parameter to the EMS. Thus, whenever there's RPM greater than zero, the water pump is turning. Same deal, that output grounds a relay.

You can also use the IGN B, C, and D outputs as triggers, BUT in your case - you should go to coilpacks in the near future - I'd save those for lighting the fires.

Anyways, maybe run the water pump on the boost control output and set it to run with RPM > 0. For a fan override, all you have to do is have a switch that both grounds and powers the coil circuit in the Fuel Pump relay. That won't hurt the EMS when it's turned off...

-scott
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
    X