Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Wiring EFI components

Howdy,

There is a big popularity with the Turbo Buick crowd with "Hot Wiring" various things on the car. Basically it means using the original power supply wires to trigger a relay and hitting the component to be hotwired with direct alternator through the relay. Fuel pumps aren't worth mentioning because thats a no brainer. What I wonder about is things like DIS modules and injectors which get power from the ECM. Is there a difference in running the power for the DIS CCI module or the injectors in a "Hot Wire" configuration?

Thanks,
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Re: Hot Wiring EFI components

Heck yes - coil power can benefit from shorter power runs directly through relays, especially on forced induction cars. This is something I do on DSMs frequently.

I don't suggest going overboard though: I always check for voltage drop before I decide to direct power something.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Re: Hot Wiring EFI components

I'm starting to customize the L67 harness for the older LC2 engine and vehicle setup so I'm cutting and splicing so its really time to do it now or never. I'm thinking the DIS CCI module and the injectors will get hot wired power along with the fuel pump off of the trunk mounted bus but thats it (well the headlights but they aren't really engine electrical).
      Central TEXAS Sleeper
      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
      X