MS trans control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS trans control?

I recently inherited a 2001 Chevy 1500 with a 5.3 ls engine. It is a 2wd extended cab 8 foot bed which makes it about as exciting as a box or rocks but it has some sentimental value so I don't want to sell it. I was going to buy a old TBI truck and megasquirt it to get my feet wet with EFI but I would like to work with what I have.

I know MS will allow for a wasted spark setup which gets me out of the coil on plug woods but what is the cheapest/best way to control the trans? What else do I need to worry about? Airbags, Fuel return line, ABS, ?
    Is there an elegant way to handle these things?

Trying to keep things alive at CJTV

Dan

Re: MS trans control?

ok you could use the ms to take over the fuel and spark and leave the stock computer to controll the trans. you will have a check engine light on (unless you unplug the light or do a bit of searching and find how to trick the computer into thinking it is still hooked up)

you will need to leave the fuel return hooked up because you will still use it (obviously)

you would probably be better off leaving the stock computer hooked up to control the trans and the abs aswell as the airbags.

what are your plans with this truck ie: some type of racing or just daily driver

Comment

I'm beta testing a MS trans controller unit now. My guess is 2-3 months and it'll be out.

Comment

Will it do 4L80E and 4T65E?
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
          Will it do 4L80E and 4T65E?
          4L80E yes. 4T65E, probably not far after the 4L80E - their control strategies are very similar.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

you know you could make a killing if you could build an adapter box that would let 4L60E guys use stock trans control onboard the PCM and translate it to 4L80E speak for the transmission. I'll take a free one for coming up with the idea thanks.

4L80E is for my '64 Riviera to replace the SP400 since I really want OD.
            4T65E is a crazy idea for the soon to be coming 97 Riviera (probably coming that is) using a Rondevous AWD 4T65E and rear differential for a real Riviera GS, hehehehe.
            Central TEXAS Sleeper
            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
            X