89 Lincoln 302 efi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 Lincoln 302 efi

Does anyone know where the test port is on this car (fuel line ) also how do I extract the trouble codes ? Thanks.

Re: 89 Lincoln 302 efi

Should be on the rail, might be at the back of the intake.

Comment

This thing is the big continental 4dr probably the same as a crown vic . Friend of mine is working on this . Anyone know how to get the trouble codes or faults out of the computer ? Like gm you can use a jumper wire across two terminals of the diagnostic port

Comment

Well my friend that's working on it ( he's lurking as a guest , Hey Jeff ) Says that it'll run fine if left in the garage but if you just drive it if left in the cold it bucks and coughs and I don't think it goes away even after up to operating temp. The fuel thing is just the way I aways approach working on my TPI Thanks all who have posted the help is apreciated I'll keep everyone updated when it's fixed.

Comment

Could be quite a few things, but gotta start somewhere.
          Keep us updated, anything we can do, we will.

Comment

Look for codes, but my first guess is something simple like either a bad TPS sensor, bad coolant or air temp sensor, or bad MAP sensor (or vacuum leaks).

-scott
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
              1997 Mustang GT
              sigpic

Comment

that's an excellent website with killer info! (I bookmarked it)
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Ya, I've been digesting that whole site. Doing an EFI 5.0. H.O. swap in December... Should be fun.
                  1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                  1997 Mustang GT
                  sigpic

Comment

BTW, that site is current, too. It still gets updates.
                    1997 Mustang GT
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey all ! I just talked to Jeff a couple hrs ago and it turned out that it wasn't getting much pressure. So he changed the pump and that took care of it . If it acks up again he's going to change the pump for the lady .

Comment

good deal man

Comment

Working...
                        X