Need efi friendly cam help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need efi friendly cam help

After a few similar comments about the duration of that cam, I talked to Lloyd Elliot. He specializes in LT1s. I gave him my engine combo and he recommended one of his 230/236 .565 .568 108 cams. It has less duration, and a little bit more lift. This cam with heavily ported LT1 heads make ~400rwhp and ~385rwtq. I'm hoping for these numbers. Here is a youtube video of how it sounds in an LT1

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I can recommend from personal experience that you talk with Jay at Camshaft Innovations. He used to work for Trick Flow. These days, he makes cams for anything from a street car to a cigarette boat and everything in between. He has been very helpful in educating me and dispelling lots of myths.

CamshaftInnovations.com
      Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Cam master Jay LOL. I just sent him an email

Comment

Ya, the Cam Master. ;D That is not a self imposed title. He knows his stuff.
          Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

well Cam Master Jay, Advanced Inductions in North Carolina, and Comp Cams never got back to me...I guess they're doing good enough and don't want any more business.

I jumped in feet first. I got a set of new AFR Eliminators, a set of 4.11 gears for my 9 bolt (from Australia..yikes!), biggers headers and y pipe, clutch, and finally got a new cam.

223/230 .565 .565 109lsa should get my car moving pretty good I hope

I'm pulling the motor in a week or two to bring it to the machine shop and have them set it all up. The 500 mile clutch break in is going to suck lol

Comment

Interested to see what kind of numbers it puts up when finished. Eventually my motor is going to need going through.
              Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

Want someone who can school most cam experts and will call you back? Call any of the guys at Cam Motion. Put it this way: 2/3 of the above listed people screwed up cams for us on a turbo application. Cam Motion got it right - and they ended up being more affordable than 2/3 of the above guys too.

I don't ever recommend cam specs - I always forward people to Cam Motion,

-scott
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I already bought/paid for my cam sorry

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X