LT1: '94-earlier vs. '95-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT1: '94-earlier vs. '95-up

I know I can Google this, but thought it might be fun to hear it here.

I have that '94 9C1 cop car. What's the difference, pros/cons, of this system vesus the '95-up cars?

Re: LT1: '94-earlier vs. '95-up

I had always thought that '94 - '95 were pretty much the same (MAF and OBD-1) while '96 - up added OBD-II

Comment

Originally posted by Aircooled
      I had always thought that '94 - '95 were pretty much the same (MAF and OBD-1) while '96 - up added OBD-II
      I think you're right about the break being '95/'96. Did they also go from MAF to speed density?

Comment

B/D-body LT1's were all the second generation Optispark and MAF systems, I'm pretty sure the only SD LT1's were the 92 Corvette while the 93+ were all MAF though it might be a mix in 93. The 96 is OBDII with the biggest different being the change in the number of O2 sensors. Otherwise its all the same.
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Aren't early LT1 F-cars different?

OK, maybe I do need to Google this.

Comment

One other relevant issue. '93 and earlier had replaceable EPROMS. '94 and later were the first to use reprogrammers.

Comment

I'm not much up on the F and Y-body LT1's but the B/D-body iron head motors were pretty much all the same. The 96 is an OBDII with flash memory, 4 O2's, and for some reason I think they might have 2 Knock sensors (90% sure on this). The 94-95 B/D body LT1 is OBDI with flash memory, 2 O2s, 1 Knock sensor, and they have the sub difference of the 94 having a bianary lock up for the 4L60E and the 95 having the PWM lockup for the 4L60E. What are you wanting to do with it?
              Central TEXAS Sleeper
              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I'm not sure yet. Just sorting that out.

Comment

i dont understand the interest in an OEM system.

Comment

RETORT:
                    I don't understand the rage to ditch something the OEM spent millions to develop.
                    Central TEXAS Sleeper
                    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

for something stock it would be just fine

who has anything stock anymore

Comment

We have 3 efi vehicles, all bone stock.
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

The LT1 is undersupported on the aftermarket as far as tuners go so there is a point here for it. HPTuners has flat refused to mess with it and I don't think EFI Live has either. This leaves LT1Edit as the big one I know about for personal use.
                          I am big into the Buick V6 stuff and the OEM has carried us to very fast territory so no need to ditch the whole thing if you can make it work. OEM stuff has onboard tranny controls unlike most of the aftermarket stuff (BS3 has it I think) and I refuse to ditch sequential injection. I'm also a MAF guy so that leaves me with MoTec and OEM only pretty much. Just like the Carb vs EFI we have our own internal differences inside of the EFI world. I just take the answer of put a Megasquirt, FAST, or Brand-X EMS on an engine as the same generic slap as "put a 350 in it."
                          Central TEXAS Sleeper
                          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

lmao
                            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
                              The LT1 is undersupported on the aftermarket as far as tuners go so there is a point here for it. HPTuners has flat refused to mess with it and I don't think EFI Live has either. This leaves LT1Edit as the big one I know about for personal use.
                              I am big into the Buick V6 stuff and the OEM has carried us to very fast territory so no need to ditch the whole thing if you can make it work. OEM stuff has onboard tranny controls unlike most of the aftermarket stuff (BS3 has it I think) and I refuse to ditch sequential injection. I'm also a MAF guy so that leaves me with MoTec and OEM only pretty much. Just like the Carb vs EFI we have our own internal differences inside of the EFI world. I just take the answer of put a Megasquirt, FAST, or Brand-X EMS on an engine as the same generic slap as "put a 350 in it."
                              ok i can respect that point of view.

we all have our opinions.

Comment

Working...
                              X