Intake design for EFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Intake design for EFI

<contemplates the team of freaks, effort, and programming it's going to take to run the first DIY variable cam, DI engine...>
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

most of the newer variable cam timing systems are using a PWM input. Motec and Megasquirt and AEM already support these kinds of outputs (physically, but the programming logic specific to cam tuning/mapping aren't in place). Ford IACs are PWM input...

the real kicker is going to be with the pneumatic or electric valvetrain actuation. Imaging being able to map your cam specs based on load, throttle position, RPM? (just like right now, you are mapping "jets" for specific load and RPM)
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC
        A carb needs a Plenum!!!!!! any N/A motor does, to use the wave to your advantage
        8 webbers dont
        carb doesn't need a plenum,, the engine does.. as 8 cyl must share 2 barrels and 4 at wfo.

Comment

Originally posted by MentalMuffinMan
          A carb needs a Plenum!!!!!! any N/A motor does, to use the wave to your advantage
          8 webbers dont
          carb doesn't need a plenum,, the engine does.. as 8 cyl must share 2 barrels and 4 at wfo.
          8 webers DO have plenum volume beneath them.

Comment

Originally posted by MentalMuffinMan
            8 webbers dont
            I am afraid 8 webers dont make big power either :'( I am talking about making max power not just looking cool or Old School stuff :
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

They make the biggest power available on a NA 2.3 SOHC Ford ;D

I guess its a matter of application.

Well...except for efi. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by horsewidower

Perhaps a big peak number. But I doubt they'd make the most average power...

Comment

Yeah, yeah I know.

I'm on your side, ;) remember.

Comment

I would not agree with that statement you should look at a comp eliminator car, dont think you will find any webers on them and plenty of any kind of four cylinders
                    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I would not agree with that statement you should look at a comp eliminator car, dont think you will find any webers on them and plenty of any kind of four cylinders
                      Hmmm... F1 in Europe, back when, I think most cars had multi-carb setups with no plenum, ie., each cylinder got one barrel, and one only; that is until they switched to EFI. ;D

Curious why more 'American' racers didn't go with multi-carbs.... probably because one BIG one is easier to tune, and no carb-syncronizing required...

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman

Hmmm... F1 in Europe, back when, I think most cars had multi-carb setups with no plenum, ie., each cylinder got one barrel, and one only; that is until they switched to EFI. ;D

Curious why more 'American' racers didn't go with multi-carbs.... probably because one BIG one is easier to tune, and no carb-syncronizing required...
                        That would be no common plenum. There still is a plenum under the carb it just doesn't have to share it with another cylinder.
                        Central TEXAS Sleeper
                        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman

Also, a drag car only has to idle and run at wide open throttle - things like throttle response aren't quite the same issue, and independent runner carb setups do quite well at things like throttle response and accuracy. But if you just need to run it flat out, you can get the same amount of power with just one or two carbs for less money.

Comment

Working...
                          X