No announcement yet.

Request for Junkie advice for LT1 upgrades while remaining NJ emissions legal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Request for Junkie advice for LT1 upgrades while remaining NJ emissions lega

call these guys for a cam/head package.

Comment

Re: Request for Junkie advice for LT1 upgrades while remaining NJ emissions legal

if you want to get robbed

Comment

Re: Request for Junkie advice for LT1 upgrades while remaining NJ emissions legal

Originally posted by greenjunk
        Sorry I didn't catch this earlier, It appears as though I was Honeymooning in Hawaii... I hope you understand... ;D

Anyways, enough gloating. I can tell you plenty of combinations that will make great power. The deal is, how much power do you want, how much driveablility do you want. How much work are you willing to do when it comes time for emissions testing. Are you willing to remove or add exhaust pieces, superchargers, what does NJ's requirement for stock appearance under the hood. AFR is not the best head you can get, neither is the comp cam. remember its easy to swap computers on these, and you can put a computer in that will run like crap, but pass emissions, there are no ready codes in OBD1, as far as I remember, or they come ready very quickly. There are many ways around the emissions.
        Greenjunk - no worries on the delayed reply...been to the big island with the mrs and I now have green envy on your trip.

Back to business - the bird is a nice ride, and not really a project car (that car will come later when my kin get a little older). What I am looking to do is add some more ponies(60 to 100hp), while staying NJ emission legal but not take the motor apart every other year to do so. Specific details on the car and the mods under consideration are on the first post. Any feedback is appreciated (one question I have not heard answered is the impact that performance heads have on emissions).

Note: the car is OBD 1 and at the last inspection no one commented on a non-stock appearance - the bird has Kooks long tubes with hi-flow cats and a K&N intake system. With an LT1 Edit tune and Crane 1.6 RR & H-11 springs she pulls 308rwhp at 5,200 and 340rwtq at 4,000 on a Dynojet224 chassis dyno. A trip down the strip last year had her out of breath at 5,200 and I would like the motor to pull to 6,000

a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

the easiest way around this is buy another lt1 computer
          then install a vortech s-trim kit, with no intercooler
          Buy an ALKYCONTROL.com KIT from JULIO.
          Tune it for 6lbs on alky, good for 100-150rwhp
          figure 20hp per lb.
          Then when its time for an inspection, unhook the charge pipe, put a filter on end of it, put the stock computer back in, and you're good to go.
          Keep it under 8lbs if you want it live.

The vortech intercooler is a nail in the d*ck stick with the alky control kit, its the best on the market.

This is the easiest way to make 100hp, and not have to do a lot to get it to pass inspection

As far as my earlier comment goes about AI. Their heads make great power if you want to deal with 6-8months wait, and the owners son running his mouth, along with a slew of other problems.

If you want to put a cam in it I can get you intouch with someone who has the best lt1 cams there are. The heads would be a different guy, can't remember the name off hand, but he's well known. HIs cnc'd trick flows are nuts for power

Comment

The AI stuff may be pricey, but people have been getting very good results from them.

Comment

I agree it used to be a good product. It has gone downhill, and the owners son that handles everything is not a standup guy

Comment

Working...
              X