Junkyard source for Injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junkyard source for Injectors

I am very new to EFI....I was curious if there are any cars out there that run 60 lb/hr or larger injectors stock....

If it is a dumb question.....Sorry.

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Re: Junkyard source for Injectors

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
    I am very new to EFI....I was curious if there are any cars out there that run 60 lb/hr or larger injectors stock....

Seth
    not the kind you're looking for, unfortunately. TBIs had the low pressure injectors in that size, but I don't think any standard bosch style injectors come in that size except from the aftermarket...
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

put two or three small ones on for each cylinder...right Scott?
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

You could get fancy and do staged injection. Meaning get two sets of 32lb/hr and have the MS run off only 8 until the appropriate time/conditions warrant and the second set kick in automatically.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek

Seth
          not the kind you're looking for, unfortunately. TBIs had the low pressure injectors in that size, but I don't think any standard bosch style injectors come in that size except from the aftermarket...
          I kinda figured....just thought I would ask. Thanks.

Seth
          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
            put two or three small ones on for each cylinder...right Scott?
            He could double up on a set of 32s if he wanted to, yep.
            but I know he's looking for something to go right into an existing EFI manifold.

When's your first EFI project happening, Jim?
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Not this week...that's for sure....

I was thinking about what to do with our 87 suburban, it is still loosing coolant, so one of these days we'll probably have to put an engine in it, and it probably wont' be the same thing that's in it now. A port injected 454 would be pretty cool....and I have most of what I need to do it.....including MS. Since the truck has an in tank pump already for the TBI, it makes the hard part easy (just swap out the pump in the tank).

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

The Ford Lightning F-150 from 99-up had 42# sprayers, and I remember reading somewhere that the 5.4 NGV trucks had huge ones, but I don't remember the exact spec on them. Google might come up with that.

cheers
                Ed N.
                Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Seth
                  First generation injected RX-7s run 720 cc/min (about 69 lb/hr) injectors. They only made this version for two years, before going to two injectors per rotor on the second generation. Not something that's easy to find in a boneyard, and they're a weird external size to boot.

Comment

In all honesty Seth, this is one area where I'd recommend just buying a new set of RC Engineering flowmatched injectors.

Let me know if you'd like a hookup, I have a buddy that sells them but they're pretty much the same price everywhere else.

Comment

At 1000 Hp....I am figuring we need at least 75 lb/hr.....With 20# or more boost.

Does that sound right? About how much for the injectors?

Seth
                      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

you could get away with a 60# injector and bump your fuel pressure up to approx 87psi and it will turn this injector into an 85# injector.

your probably lookin at about 500 bucks for a set of 8

Comment

Kurt Urban and I were talking about this and he suggested about the same thing....Sound like that is the way to go.

Seth
                          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

yeah just get yourself a nice adjustable fuel regulator and you will be good. be sure that you match your fuel pump up accordingly (this could cause headaches).

Comment

Single Turbo RX-7's - 160lb ford injector part #? - which ones are they? also, what are the vehicles they came on?
                              Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                              1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                              1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                              1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                              1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                              1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Working...
                              X