• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injectors

high ohhm
    low ohm..
    etc

whats the difference ( I know what ohms are ..)
    difference ,as in.. what type is better..
    also there seems to be different types of tips..
    schoool me

Re: injectors

Originally posted by MentalMuffinMan
    high ohhm
    low ohm..
    etc

whats the difference ( I know what ohms are ..)
    difference ,as in.. what type is better..
    also there seems to be different types of tips..
    schoool me
    High impedance: usually what the OEMs put in their engines, they are the smaller of the multipoint injector design. The good about them, is with built in resistance they can run directly off a simple injector driver circuit that's cheap to make. They don't require special software tweaks for "peak and hold" features

Low impedance: usually, the "larger" injector sizes. They require a computer to have a more advanced, expensive "injector driver" circuit and software controls for "peak and hold" behavior (the idea being, the larger mass of the larger injector needs a *peak current* to slam it open, then a *hold current* to keep it open.

Some people get away with adding resistors to their OEM comptuers (or aftermarket ones, like an AEM) and call that an "injector driver" but the problem with this ghetto approach is, the injectors open more slowly and make it harder to tune drivability, transitional throttle, idle, etc. Some OEMs got away with it, so it's doable, but not a great idea on something that's making a lot of power IMO.

That should cover the impedance thing. I'll let someone else lecture you on spray pattern, etc.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

thanks

now tips types
      the good the bad and the.............

Comment

Originally posted by MentalMuffinMan
        thanks

now tips types
        the good the bad and the.............
        it's probably better to do a little google searching.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

o.k.
          but I suck at that ;D

but I'll give it a spin

Comment

Working...
          X