• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cfm rating of '86-'88 TPI?

I'm clueless.

Re: Cfm rating of '86-'88 TPI?

350 or 305?

The 305 version is smaller internally, and won't flow nearly as much.
    The 350 version is only good (stock) to around 425-450hp max (from what I've read), with a TON of torque down low, and even then, it took a "worked" combination to reach that level.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddyman
      350 or 305?

The 305 version is smaller internally, and won't flow nearly as much.
      The 350 version is only good (stock) to around 425-450hp max (from what I've read), with a TON of torque down low, and even then, it took a "worked" combination to reach that level.
      All I have are parts in a box.... How can I tell the difference whether its a 305 or 350? And I thought the only difference between 305/350 TPIs was different injector ratings... (19lb/hr vs 22?)

I'm only shooting for 325ish hp, but I want to maximize torque, as it ain't goin' in any lightweight.
      What's the best combo?

Also, I have an ECM from a '90 V-6 car... I think thats a MAP year ECM, not MAF? If I get the correct prom will it work?

Comment

Only difference is the injectors. Power band is about 500 rpm lower on the 350's-all torque.

What part number is your ECM? The TPI ecm's are common to many other applications. Should work with the right memcal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr4Speed
          Only difference is the injectors. Power band is about 500 rpm lower on the 350's-all torque.

What part number is your ECM? The TPI ecm's are common to many other applications. Should work with the right memcal.
          There's a bunch of numbers on the ecm... I'll try to put up a pic. I'll also restart this thread under a heading that actually shows what kinda help I need.

Comment

Working...
          X