TPI ECM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPI ECM?

OK, so I've realized that the oddball ECM that came in the box of TPI parts is just that.... oddball.

I think its for a late 90's chevy V-6 sedan... '98 and up.

So.... the easiest harness to make work is an off-the shelf TPI one... so... for it to fit... I need a MAF TPI compatible ECM.

Ideally, I'm gonna look for a junkyard '86-88 Camaro or Vette to snag this from.... but....

So.... Here's the question:
    Are there ANY other applications that should keep an eye out for that MIGHT have an ECM that will work with a MAF TPI & MAF harness?

Re: TPI ECM?

one from a 94 caprice or equivelent may work.

Comment

Here's a list of all the ecm's and memcals with the applications.

The 86-88 maf tpi ecm is the 7165, the 90-92 map ecm is the 7727 and 7730. One of those two is the Corvette ecm-the only difference is that it's weatherproof because Vettes had them mounted in the engine compartment. The 7165 ecm can be found in 2.5L S10's. The 85 tpi system is an oddball and should be avoided.

Comment

Thanks... I was hoping someone could confirm the S-10 thing... it widens the search pattern. Just curious, did the 86-88 Vettes also use the 7165?

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman
          Thanks... I was hoping someone could confirm the S-10 thing... it widens the search pattern. Just curious, did the 86-88 Vettes also use the 7165?
          No, the 86-88's are MAF not Speed Density.

Comment

ran a tpi off of a speed density cavalier ecm - batch fire , it will work ok , may be lean with the stock prom

Comment

Working...
            X