Converting a 1977 Nova to EFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Converting a 1977 Nova to EFI

Damn Matt, I didn't know there was link to the project page on here. The 26 minute video is great! (and seanm even mentioned it, doh!) I like the pictures too!

This is where my Carb fuel pump has been mounted for seven or eight years. It seems like it would be a target, but it never seems to really get hit by any thing, including mud. I just bolted it to the existing fuel line bolt and put it inline where there was an existing rubber hose. I've had to change the filter once on the first one I got when I lost pressure, replacing the pre-filter solved that one. And it had "reduced" pressure once that limited my driving to 60mph and a new pump was needed to solve that time. Easily servicable there too.

Funny thing is I also have filter inline where the rubber line goes from the frame to the body.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Talkin' smack about my wiring eh? j/k That's all 'get er done' with little(ok, no) focus on pretty. Knowing that I'm just going to rip it out and put in MPFI soon doesn't make me want to work too hard on carefully routing and looming wiring that I'm just going to rip out in a week or two.

Runs awesome though. We've got a 900cfm Holley TBI we're going to try out, probably this week. And a Holley Stealth Ram setup coming soon. That will probably stay on the motor as we start to build it up a bit.
      Jerry Hoffmann a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
      http://www.DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

You make no mention of the second part with ignition control being done! I haven't checked it out yet, but I got an e-mail that said part two is up.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Yep-- part2 is up now with details on a cheap and easy way to do full ignition control.

Carb-To-EFI Part2: Adding Ignition Control (HEI8)

Comment

EFI IS NOT CHEAP!!!! THERE IS NO SUCH THING!!! EFI IS ONLY FOR RICH PEOPLE!!!

haha

had to throw that in
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

As long as guys like you are working with EFI 'geek, words like 'cheap' and 'easy' will always be associated with EFI.

I totally meant that in a 'Scott knows how to help you get it done as affordably and no-nonsense as possible' kind of way ;).

Comment

Working...
              X