Clear All

• Paul Whalen
    replied
    sounds good.

Leave a comment:

• 1970camaroRS
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Whalen View Post
    any way to drive it a bit? like 30 min? I always let the computer learn a bit before making more changes. Unlike the stand alone setups give it some run time. can give it a bit more timing at idle also.
    Tried a bit more timing and it killed a bit of vacuum and fattened the mixture. I think it's good where it's at for now, so I won't be making any changes. As far as driving it, I'm going to take it around the block once or twice tomorrow, open headers. Working on getting the exhaust done this week.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Whalen
    replied
    any way to drive it a bit? like 30 min? I always let the computer learn a bit before making more changes. Unlike the stand alone setups give it some run time. can give it a bit more timing at idle also.

Leave a comment:

• 1970camaroRS
    replied
    Originally posted by BKBridges View Post
    I don't think Id call that a rich idle, just not stoichiometric.
    Yeah, it's acceptable, but it is a touch richer than I want. I would like to be right on top of stoichiometric if I can.

Leave a comment:

• BKBridges
    replied
    Originally posted by 1970camaroRS View Post
    Yep. Clamped on some extra pipe and viola, all systems go. Idles nicely, wideband says idle is just a touch rich at 14.3-14.4. Looking good.
    I don't think Id call that a rich idle, just not stoichiometric.

Leave a comment:

• 1970camaroRS
    replied
    Yep. Clamped on some extra pipe and viola, all systems go. Idles nicely, wideband says idle is just a touch rich at 14.3-14.4. Looking good.

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    That's probably exactly your problem.

Leave a comment:

• 1970camaroRS
    replied
    Checked all of the connections and voltages, all is well. Only thing I see that is different between one side and the other is I have a collector extension welded to the header on passenger side/bank2, but I have a shorter, open header on bank1. It's got to be the unmetered air hitting the bank1 O2 sensor, isn't it? So that sensor is never warming up enough, and is reading fresh air making it add WAYYYYY too much fuel in an attempt to compensate. I think I will clamp on a section of pipe tomorrow and see what's what. I would just go ahead and weld my exhaust up, but I'm waiting for my u-joints to show up to install my driveshaft before I install my x-pipe. Don't want any clearance issues...

Leave a comment:

• 1970camaroRS
    replied
    I'm an idiot, I'm too tired and thinking backwards. Bank1 O2 sensor remaining fairly stable low, and the Bank1 injector pulse width being higher, and the bank1 fuel trim being maxed should indicate a bad injector/connection on the driver's side. Be right back, heading out to the garage.
    Last edited by 1970camaroRS; March 20, 2014, 12:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 1970camaroRS
    replied
    Also, on bank1, the LT and ST fuel trim is WAY up all the time. This should be closer to 0, correct?

Leave a comment:

• 1970camaroRS
    replied
    Take a look at this screen shot of my datalog:

The bank2 02 sensor is all over the place and the bank2 injectors pulse width is much lower than bank1 and all over the friggin place in fuel trim. Do I have a dead injector on that side or a wonky O2 sensor? I'm going to swap the O2 sensors left to right tomorrow and see if the problem migrates. Tonight, I doublechecked all of the wiring for the injectors and everything there is good.

Leave a comment:

• 1970camaroRS
    replied
    Hit the books again last night and looked at the log from the previous run. Timing was completely wrong for one thing, and airflow and fuel was a bit off, but not bad. The bank1 02 and injectors were at good levels and stable, but the bank2 02 and fuel injectors were not very stable. No DTCs yet.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    I felt the same way when using HP Tuners last year....

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    IF your 02 is close to the end of your headers that might cause some problems as well. Putting some exhaust on it will help that AND help you think while your working on it lol.

I am working on an MS3X setup and I am sure I will feel the same way. The good part for me is the car currently runs well with a carb so I have an idea on target air fuel and timing to get started.

Leave a comment:

• Just started computer tuning for the first time ever with HP Tuners

I've been at it the last two days and this is how I feel:

I've gotten it to fire up and idle until it's almost warm. Then it's very rich and stumbles around 400-500rpm. I think I've figured it out looking at things tonight, but man is the learning curve steep!

Just a mild 226/232 115 cam on a LQ4 and headers. Granted, it's open-headers right now, so that's not making things any easier, so I think I will be welding tomorrow, then loading my revisions and warming it up again.

Just wanted to share how I currently feel!
Working...
X