wiring injectors and sensors for MS2 and relay board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring injectors and sensors for MS2 and relay board

OK, so I am in the final throws of wiring now. Running 8 injectors above the blower only.
    1. Thinking about running the injector driver leads to a terminal strip first where I will join 2 injectors together and then send one wire from each pair from the terminal strip to the JP1 on the relay board. No need to do the same for the 12 volt power leads is there? Using 16g leads although I know thats overkill.

2. Polarity not an issue on the wires from the injectors is it? Just a circuit?

3. Running grounds from each sensor to the respective locations on the relay board. Do I need to do anything regarding pin 19? Manual is confusing on this issue?

ed

The setup for #1 seems reasonable and should work. Correct on #2, there is no polarity.

What confusion are you seeing on Pin #19? A quick google search says that is just a ground return, and if you are using a relay board then it should be connected to the grounds on the relay board and nothing to worry about. I don't think the Megasquirt itself looks for individual sensor grounds. The MSExtra.com documentation for MS2 shows #19 being a simple engine ground, which again should already be ran through the relay board...
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

OK, next 2 questions on wiring the relay board. I need to run a power lead wire from the relay board to the trunk mounted fuel pump. The small terminal on the JP1 board will only take like a 16 gauge wire or so but the fuel pump calls for a 12 or 14 G wire. Can I run a small piece of 16g from the terminal strip and then solder it to a 12g wire going back to the fuel pump? Second question: I am mounting the megasquirt and relay board both under the dash. Because of space limitations, I had to mount the relay board upside down (relays hanging down). The relays fit pretty snug so I dont think it would be an issue but wanted a reality check.

Comment

If you want to run direct, I would see if there was room to attach 2 16 gauge wires to splice them together. the smallest wire is gonna be the safe amp to put thru that wire. Otherwise, a relay so that 16 gauge sends the control signal to the relay and the 12v and 12 gauge wire is run from that relay to the battery.

Comment

Ordinarily you would be correct. This is the output from the relay so that will not work.

Comment

Working...
          X