Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ecorl
    replied
    got it Matt. Thanks. I will combine the brown sensor(-) with the IAT return on the relay board. Thanks...now on to the calibration issue (diff string).

Leave a comment:

• Matt Cramer
    replied
    Sorry, thought you had a 4 wire narrow band in my first post. Wire the sensor + to O2, sensor - to any RET terminal (this is OK to double up), and the power and ground wires are not routed to the relay board.

Leave a comment:

• ecorl
    replied
    Ok fellow efi guru's ...a follow on update to my questions with lack of detail on my part....sorry about that. OK, its a FAST O2 controller (part number 1706472) high res. kit. The controller has four wires but the megasquirt only has 1 input on the relay board for the signal +. Should I just combine the black ground and brown (O2 signal -) together? The relay board doesnt seem to have a O2 sensor return slot for the brown wire. How about it Mr. Cramer?

ed

Leave a comment:

• ecorl
    replied
    sorry guys....its the 4 wires from the controller not the o2.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Cramer
    replied
    This sounds like a narrow band. I'd skip the heater and simply wire the sensor ground to one of the RET terminals.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    The sensor or the controller? The megasquirt cannot read a wideband sensor directly and has to work through a controller, like the LC-1 or such. The controller should have a wiring schematic, or be able to google one up depending on make. From there wire the wide-band signal to the relay board input.

Leave a comment:

• ecorl
    started a topic o2 sensor wiring with megasquirt relay board

o2 sensor wiring with megasquirt relay board

Trying to complete my wiring. 1 last small glitch. The o2 sensor has four wires (black ground, red switched power for heater, orange sensor(+), brown sensor(-). The relay board only requires 1 hook up for the o2 sensor which is the orange sense wire. No problem with the ground or switched power lead. Questions is, what do I do with the brown wire? Do I just run it to chassis ground aling with the black wire?
Working...
X