DG,

How's this moving along?

Thanks,
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Re: Megashirt Transmission Controller

wow - perfect timing!

we just put it in gear, on the jackstands, a few days ago. We've bench tested and it appears to work. We've made one request, shift points at ENGINE rpm instead of input shaft RPM settings. This is where the BigStuff3 trans controller fails, we think it's going to be a huge improvement for turbo guys...

anyways, we just got the car to start and run on the TB injectors, which let us move onto the trans portion.

Stay tuned for updates.

-scott
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Re: Megashirt Transmission Controller

megashirt? megashift?
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Re: Megasquirt Transmission Controller

Megasquirt is what I'm after and no I can't spell haugh the time it steams. :P

Did you look into the 2 or 3 profile capability (something like the tow/haul and normal on my Z71 or the Performance Shift on my old Regal) where you can load a softer shifting and/or economy program and a more performance oriented program on the controller with on the fly selection? Also will it support a 7 segment display and/or an LED style indicator light setup for those of us who want to use E-series transmission under classic style indicator windows with lights to tell us what gear we are in and or one for the dash so we don't have to look down?

Thanks and put me on this list for one if it'll be in consumer version by this summer so I can start hunting for my 4L80E.
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
          Megasquirt is what I'm after and no I can't spell haugh the time it steams. :P

Did you look into the 2 or 3 profile capability (something like the tow/haul and normal on my Z71 or the Performance Shift on my old Regal) where you can load a softer shifting and/or economy program and a more performance oriented program on the controller with on the fly selection? Also will it support a 7 segment display and/or an LED style indicator light setup for those of us who want to use E-series transmission under classic style indicator windows with lights to tell us what gear we are in and or one for the dash so we don't have to look down?

Thanks and put me on this list for one if it'll be in consumer version by this summer so I can start hunting for my 4L80E.
          the multi-profile capability isn't going to be doable on present architecture. It's too easy to just load a new MSQ file, with a laptop or PDA or in-car PC...

The shift points can be based on load as well as RPM and throttle position. So you can have the "Race" shifting based on WOT, and the less aggressive shifting at less load/throttle, etc. Probably not the answer you're looking for, but you could always write the necessary code yourself (you could probably do this easier than you think)

Jon's got some kind of indicator worked out for LEDs. I haven't seen it yet, but I'll put up some pics or something. The whole Nova wagon project is really coming together. Shooting for low 9s on a 100% stock longblock LS1.

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I'd love to see pictures of the display and if it puts out LEDs I, or rather my wife, can build a controller to make it run a 7 segment display.

Does the hardware have the cability to put in switchable modifiers so I'd be able to run a bias on the parameters based on say a 2 or 3 position switch? What about using "deadspace" in the table where you could write in an alternate profile in an area of the tables thats not touched in normal operation then put a resistor or something inline to bias the computer into that area of the table?
            Central TEXAS Sleeper
            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

don't forget the pulse width tcc solenoid

Comment

There's a couple of them running around in beat testing. We don't have a computer controlled automatic in any of our test cars so we haven't tested it out here, but if you go to msgpio.com you can get the latest accounts. Seems it's being tested out on both GM and Mopar transmissions right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                  don't forget the pulse width tcc solenoid
                  don't worry. it's in there.

Comment

I've got a 4L60E (and converter) out of my 1994 S10 SS pickup that I would be glad to donate to the trans controller development cause. It has 24k miles on it and was working when removed. All I ask is that it be picked up (to save me crating and shipping from Wichita KS) and that it (or its remains) be returned when it is no longer needed.
                    D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13 - '14 - '15 - '16 - '17

Comment

Before the snow hit in early Dec. I did quite a bit of road testing on the mshift. It uncovered at lot of bugs that have been fixed in the VSS code. I did a jackstand run up in Jan. and the VSS was solid. Once the white stuff pisses off I'll re-test the shift logic - it worked before. Then hook up the line pressure control. It currently being run using a trans-go mod kit that uses a vacuum modulator. I need to get into the trans to re-install the PC sol.

Also I think Lance is finalizing the board layout to get them into production.

Comment

Got an ETA on this piece, I think I just found me a complete 4L80E and I'd love to have OD for powertour but I'm not wanting to do my driveshaft more than once between the 400 and the 4L80E between now and May. Think it'll be out by early May with a base tune for the 4L80E?

Thanks,
                        Central TEXAS Sleeper
                        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Necroposting,

Any updates on this?
                          Central TEXAS Sleeper
                          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
                            Necroposting,

Any updates on this?
                            Yes!!!

Jim and Jon took the Nova wagon to the track on Friday night with the Megasquirt-II trans controller. They drove to and from the track - and it works perfectly now!

The MS guys implemented the changes requested - something that the "BigStuff" guys didn't figure out in the design phase - shift points are set by Engine RPM instead of "input shaft RPM" so if you have a turbo car and turn up the boost, the higher stall speed doesn't require you to do a bunch of testing to pick your new shift points. (let me know if that doesn't make sense)

Anyways, the bugs are worked out and it drives around like a normal car, you don't shift manually, etc. Design your own gear selector if you like, you get the idea. I'm glad you brought this up.

Comment

KICK AWESOME!

Figures just after I get the shaft cut for the TH400 this comes out. Looks like I'm saving for this and a 2800-3000 stall converter for the 4L80E I have stashed away.
                              Central TEXAS Sleeper
                              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
                              X