Megasquirt Transmission Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Megasquirt Transmission Controller

Estimated/target price? got pics of this thing? (Everyone loves pics!)

Chris 8)

Comment

it's based on a Megasquirt-II or any of it's variants. not sure if someone's made it work with a Microsquirt yet or not.

But basically, you build or buy a built megasquirt-II (pick your PCB) then you make a minor mod or two, then you load the transmission controller software and wire it up. There's a lot of DIY involved, it's not plug & play, but it works good once it's done.

so, cost would be anywhere from $200ish up to $400ish? plus some wiring, maybe a relay or two?
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Sounds about half the cost of a PCS or TCI controller.

side note, when is the megasquirt sequencer coming out?
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I think it's out in testing now. Matt Cramer would know better than me. I have near-zero interest in sequential injection complexity as it offers no advantage in power, and I have yet to have an engine not idle on bank or batch fire wher i felt it would run better with sequential.

Emissions would be a different story, but I can't think of a place where I'd be working on emissions tuning with a standalone (which, by default, is against any Fed or State emissions laws even if you do make it blow clean).

Hopefully Matt chimes in.

-Scott
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

The Sequencer is in beta testing; they've hit a snag with the current power supply circuit and want to make a new design there. If that checks out it could well be out before winter. If it doesn't... hard to say.

Scott, I know James was working on using the Microsquirt at first - is the Nova running one using a full sized MS2?

Comment

Wish list for the Megasquirt 4L80E Transmission Controller:
              • * Mode switch - like GM factory tow / haul, but street / strip (high line pressure at idle) / dyno (full manual)
              • * Trans brake (when in "strip" mode, full line pressure electric lock of low / reverse)
              • * Logging of engine RPM, input shaft RPM & output shaft RPM
              • * Computing & logging MPH
              • * Logging actual line pressure in PSI (& requested line pressure percentage)
              • * Logging trans temperature (in the pan and cooler line return)
              • * Logging torque converter lockup status & slippage percentage

And while I'm wishing, all of the above for a 6L80E...
              D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13 - '14 - '15 - '16 - '17

Comment

Hi guys, sorry to hijack your thread, i am in the process of making my own shift module for a 4HP22EH transmission from a BMW, similar to 5L60,...
                I am wondering one detail, what is the pressure regulator signal looks like, i know its PWM and may be based on engine load/speed.

Any ideas on this ?

regards,

Pat Allen

Comment

Working...
                X