Those stupid wire clips on injector connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those stupid wire clips on injector connectors

OK, here is a real stupid question: Is there a special tool or preferred way to remove those stupid little wire clips from the injector connectors. Two of my injectors are up under the bug-catcher hat and really hard to get to. I have been using a small screw-driver to pry up on the sides of the wire clip to get the injectors off. Sometimes they come off altogether and fly across the garage. Hate those damn things.

It depends on the injector connector. The ones we have, you just push down on the "arch" on the top with your fingers and the clip releases.

Comment

I cant get to the top of them because of my arrangement. Just venting. Sure seems like those connectors could be engineered a little better though.

Comment

You could always remove the metal clips and just let gravity and friction keep them in place....... Of course if you are boosted it could cause a lean condition that does a bunch of damage if the connector does come off..... dab of blue RTV on the side of the connector for weak glue?
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
        X