Thinking I have an O2 sensor issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking I have an O2 sensor issue

Looking at my logs, I noticed I hate two issues with the way I screwed my car together that is making it difficult to tune. First is that I'm getting IAT heatsoak with my 5-pin MAF installed in the airpath of my radiator causing heatsoak and reported IATs that are about 35% off true temp from the cold-air intake. That's an easy fix. But, I wanted to pick your brains about what I'm seeing here:

Obviously, the Bank-2 O2 sensor isn't reading correctly. I'm thinking that I must have a bad weld around the bung for the sensor and/or interference from the wide-band that was installed close to it. I had to move the O2 sensor bung to the opposite side of the header collector because of interference with the transmission using f-body Pacesetter headers on my Cutlass. I then put the wideband inline with it on the same side of the collector. I'm thinking I might try to relocate the O2 sensor back to the transmission side of the collector and try to reclock it a little to clear. Thoughts?
    Last edited by 1970camaroRS; May 10, 2014, 10:00 PM.
    1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

one bank would read different anyway. To stable an air temp, you may even have the IAT all normal as well...
    ponder an extreme like 26 below, a rapid climb to 100, or no climb.
    injection does not care...it wants stable.

silly gadgets.

where is that dieselgeek, he'd know what it is.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
    X