No announcement yet.

Fuel Pressure regulator location and direction of flow through the rails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fuel Pressure regulator location and direction of flow through the rails

Adding lightness is always good.

I did my last buildup without thinking about using E85. I'm currently at 9:1 and I wish I was up at the 11:1 CR. I like your strategy.

Bob

Comment

Re: Fuel Pressure regulator location and direction of flow through the rails

My build is still a pump gas deal. No E85 in this part of the world. I was able to drive around on 87 octane in a pinch before with 10.5:1 compression. The combustion chamber is pretty efficient and with aluminum heads and with 268/276 @ .050" and 112 Lobe sep I wasn't really squeezing it all that hard. It would hit 175-178 cranking compression.

Now I won't run less than 91 pump premium and I have a new cam that is 269/277 with a 109 lobe sep that should help out a little bit.

Brian Rock's 428 Pontiac had 11.6:1 comnpression and had no trouble on Drag Week with pump 93 all over the Midwest and even in Cali with our 91 "premium".
      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
      X