Megasquirt TBI conversion - Kit ready to install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megasquirt TBI conversion - Kit ready to install

I'll put this in the classified ads before the end of the week...

Possible sale ...

Megasquirt 3.00 main board with a MS2 processor, GM TBI to Megasquirt adapter board and a stripped GM '747 TBI harness. Both boards are fully assembled tested and functional. The MS main board has a 2nd map sensor installed to do real time barometric correction.

The TBI harness has been stripped on all the un-needed wires. To hook it up into a retrofit application vehicle is a 4 wire connection:

1 connection to the ign. switch that is hot in crank/run. 1 wire to the starter solenoid wire near the ignition switch - hot in crank only, for an automatic with a lock up converter 1 wire to the normally closed LU brake switch. 1 wire from the supplied gang bus to the battery. The rest are connections to the various sensors, engine ground, and the fuel pump.

All the harness connectors have been tagged so hook up is a snap.

This is as close to a turn key Megasquirt as you'll find anywhere.

Re: Megasquirt TBI conversion - Kit ready to install

I got a smacktalker on another board saying you can't do this for under $1500 total running. Give me some ammo to kick back at him with.
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
      I got a smacktalker on another board saying you can't do this for under $1500 total running. Give me some ammo to kick back at him with.
      seriously?

under 500hp - it's pretty easy to do with stock parts.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Near stock Buick 350, maybe 300hp if they push it. He's trying to advocate using a Ford A9L swap which honestly does have a precident but I'd still not put it up there on the cheap scale with the MS running a GM TBI setup.
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

And mind you I bought a 670cfm Holley TBI with 85lb/hr injectors off ebay for $250, that'll support a fair amount of hp if I remember right.

*Hell barring the demons in my MS and minus the LC-1 I only have around maybe $800 including all the miscellaneous junk in the Thunderbird's MS TBI swap.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
          X